Resurrection! Tamiya 1/12 Caterham Super Seven BDR

BloorwestSiR

Here's a couple racing in the Northwest that I photographed during a SCCA event a couple years ago... just for inspiration. Keep up the great work on your build!

PR-Historics-g7-51-Bruce-Beachman-July-3

--

PR-Historics-g7-05-Ian-Battye-July-3-201

Cool pics! Interesting to see that the pipes come out on the opposite side.

Carl.....

A touch of perspiration, a dash of hard work, pinch of astute research, a sprinkling of admirers has you turning out a GORGEOUS, Superb looking Caterham Super Seven BDR which I think is absolutely FABULOUS.

:wow: :clap2: :yahoo:

Thank you for a lovely build... and dontcha forget those glamor photos please. Thank you.

KUDOS :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks Maru! I finally managed to get the beauty shots done so those are coming up next.

Cool pics! Interesting to see that the pipes come out on the opposite side.

That must be a result of being opposite the steering box. Your model has the right-side English steering and the exhaust on the left ... the cars that were racing had the driver on left and exhausts on right. 

Another thing to consider is that the two I photographed were set up for racing and I was only shooting from the outside of that part of the road course -- it is possible that they have a higher performance engine and exhausts exiting both sides of the car. Just out of sheer curiosity, I might go back and see if I snapped any pics of them in the pits that might show the left side of the car.

• 4 weeks later...

With the race cars, since they may not be licensed on the street they might have been imports from England that simply are right hand drive from point of origin. As a track car it could have been imported as right hand drive vs left. Being 4 cylinder engines the exhaust should all be on the same side whether left or right hand drive unless the engine is designed with an exhaust that goes the other direction from what we normally see. I don't know which way most 4's blow but kind of thinking for some reason they usually blow out the left and intakes are on the right.

Caterhams can be purchased in the US for track or street use as a kit and I think those are all left hand drive. You could check the website of the US importer for Caterham.

Edited by cbk57

Guest Peterpools

Carl

Awesome work; just love the finish. Nothing like taking 24 years to produce perfection

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Peter