MH-47G 160th SOAR Nightstalkers . FINISHED

Dukie99

This is my entry: 1/35 Werner's wings MH-47G conversion for the Trumpeter CH-47D. I plan to do a heavily used bird in Afghanistan. A first for me will to build the model fully crewed, ready to take off. This is probably my most ambitious project yet and I hope I will do it justice. I will first finish my B-25 for the Iron Rain GB, so I will not make a real start on this one for the next two weeks or so.

i-LzWF82t-L.jpg

i-hZd45Vn-L.jpg

i-zp9hKnZ-L.jpg

And one motivational shot

i-SBN5QwR-L.jpg

Cheers,

David

Edited by Dukie99

Nice choice of subject. You don't see to many of these on the net. I have similar conversion sets to build MH-47E/G with all goodies to build and couple off CC MH-60M conversions but lack building time at the moment :( So, I'll be follow along your build and see how you tackle it. Good luck. :)

Thank you all for the interest. With the B-25 almost done, I could not help myself and made a start. Nothing too impressive so far but as you will see lots of hacking and sanding and rescribing. I will have to move slowly as the instructions that come with the conversion are pretty spartan. Fortunately there is a full build of the E/F conversion on Werner's wings website and this is a tremendous help. Printed it in color and it is indispensable

i-zjjqLhG-L.jpg

Started by cutting out the front pylon which will be replaced by a beautifully casted resin pylon once the two halves are glued:

i-tWzPDMx-L.jpg

i-JGL2ctF-L.jpg

i-rCfsLV4-L.jpg

Did the same thing on the other side and then it was time to open the large windows which are characteristic of the G and remove some of the antenna holders, as the G has a shorter antenna than the regular chinook. From here:

i-hsT39D3-L.jpg

i-hnZ8pVG-L.jpg

i-n4BnDpx-L.jpg

To there:

i-vxJm79h-L.jpg

i-5RdwvvG-L.jpg

i-c6LRm7f-L.jpg

Lots of blemishes still to take care of but you get the idea. So far I am super excited by this project, it will be huge when completed.

One motivational shot to conclude

i-7jRBPSW-L.jpg

Cheers,

David