Squadron eaglequest 2018

The Dude

The DVII "Mimmi" was very well done. I have the same decals, and will do that bird so was really checking it out.

Kind of funny: my first ever squadron event. Talked to some people, met some people. Talked to 1/48 guys that state flat out "1/32 is too big." they then show me their 1/48 jet which is comparable to a 1/32 Corsair. one guy even admitted that even as his eyes get worser, 1/32 is still too big.

The DVII "Mimmi" was very well done. I have the same decals, and will do that bird so was really checking it out.

Kind of funny: my first ever squadron event. Talked to some people, met some people. Talked to 1/48 guys that state flat out "1/32 is too big." they then show me their 1/48 jet which is comparable to a 1/32 Corsair. one guy even admitted that even as his eyes get worser, 1/32 is still too big.

Yep, pretty silly, really. Reminds me of the "I can't afford a $200 kit (me), but I can afford four $50 kits".

Guest Clunkmeister

Mike, as we've hashed out, it's nice to have reinforcements in the DFW area now, because the truly dedicated 1/32 builders were two: Tony and I. 1to1 scale came along and now with Mike, our numbers have doubled!

If we produce high quality builds and load the tables, we'll see what happens.

I've been trying to get people to see the light for 8 years now, but somedays it seems like talking to a 1/48 scale modeler is like trying to push a rope.

Yeah,  I can see where a 1/48 guy might be reluctant to begin in 1/32. I've really only built 1/32, so it is my normal scale. I figure to build a little, and have a good time at shows, if we drag a few guys into the light, that is a good thing.

1/48th is usually just  a big ol mess to my eyes. Its funny.......................I usually pay very little attention to that class when at IPMS shows.  There are just SO many of the same models there, and the guys in that class can sometimes be the guys who complain the most when their stuff doesnt win or place. 

My eye site is pretty darn good up close, and I have NO desire to ever go back to 1/48th. There is just something about that scale that turns me off (and not just the fact that I hear guys in that scale referring to their stuff using *THAT TERM* either! :lol:

Lol, I have been building 1/32 long before it became cool about the early 2000's. I call 1/48 Braille scale but I am guilty of building 1/48 scale because there are a lot of planes that are not available in 1/32. Specifically Russian jets but now that they are becoming popular with better references I'm sure some will get scaled up.

Come on Tan models su-33 sea flanker!!