Elite Infantryman (Tamiya)

LSP_K2

Kev

Good luck with the figure. Learning anything new is always an adventure but rewarding in the end. It took me a long time and a lot of frustration to learn to paint figures (model railroading) and I settled on using Valiejo Model Colors as my weapons of choice.

Of course, I wouldn't even think of comparing my work with Jerry' - it's night a day and then me.

Lookinforwardar to following along.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Peter

Thanks Peter. I'm not too interested in comparing my junk to the work of others, there are too many that are just too darned good for me to have a prayer of emulating. What's more important to me is that I hopefully learn something, and end up with something I think is acceptable. Putting this into the figure category at our invitational certainly doesn't mean that I believe I'll actually win anything, it's more just to show my best effort.

I think you are doing very well thus far Kevin!

I too took the plunge about two months ago to develop my figure painting skills, and it sure is a difficult road ahead of me. But, I am really excited about the prospect of someday succeeding!

My favorite figures were a couple that were either kit bashed or scratch built. They were about 8 inches tall (this is from old memory - I saw these back in the late 1960s in a N.Y. Hobby store, Polk's I believe) and the two were dressed in typical gray Wehrmacht greatcoats with all the usual gear. One was heavy set and one was a bit slender. Two typical German privates but the heads were Laurel and Hardy! I really did a double take when I saw that.

To me they were the best soldier figures I ever saw. :speak_cool:

Stephen

• 6 years later...

Great news for me, I found this figure this afternoon. I had presumed it to be forever lost after my move a few years ago, but here it sits in the basement, just as when I last worked on it. I'm one happy guy right now.

I went back and looked over this thread, pretty cool stuff Kev

Thanks, Brian. I'm certainly no figure painter, that's for sure, but I think it still might end up looking pretty cool. I wonder why the images show up now, but didn't before? I was just preparing to upload them all to ImageShack, when I noticed they all now appear here.

• 2 months later...

Great work! I'm struggling with painting flesh tones. The techniques we use to paint and weather aircraft, cockpits specifically, translate to painting clothes and equipment quite well but faces! Definitely a new set of muscles. Nice job on the camouflage pattern.