Aus Model Expo Pics

Guest Maxim

The LA-5 got my vote and was a deserved winner and was 1/72

I missed seeing that model in the flesh, and assumed from the photos that it had to be at least 1/48 scale! 1/72? That blows my mind!

Kev

Guest Maxim

That motorbike was outstanding. The B-17 had removable wings and tail-planes. Sure was big and made me decide not to go that big in future.

Not the biggest kit I've seen at Expo though. A few years ago someone entered the 1/35 Dora Railway Gun. Now that was big.

Indeed it was. Was that the one in Metro Hobbies for a while? Given it was resin it'd have weighed a fair few kg as well.

Some awesome models at the expo.

Matty

I think this was the model for anyone who didn't see it.

IMG_1769-XL.jpg

I thought it was a killer model and very well displayed.  

Have you seen that you can get these imported brand new into Aus now in 1:1 scale. Chang Jiang CJ 750

I did see an ad once for an importer that was doing reproduction saddlebags for the sidecar and MG mounts as well. I thought it might be fun but then I thought about Melb traffic  and it's drivers and decided living was better.

Matty

Indeed it was. Was that the one in Metro Hobbies for a while? Given it was resin it'd have weighed a fair few kg as well.

Some awesome models at the expo.

Matty

No idea, all I know is the tables were bowing a bit and it won People's Choice lol

Guest Peterpools

Brad

The motorcycle build is simply incredible and the weathering brilliantly done. I can see why it won the Peoples Choice Award.

Peter

Brad

The motorcycle build is simply incredible and the weathering brilliantly done. I can see why it won the Peoples Choice Award.

Peter

Oh no sorry I was talking to Matt about a 1/35 Carl Gustav railway gun that was entered a few years ago that won People's Choice. The motorcycle won it's category this year though.

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Brad, appreciate the correction as I misunderstood.. I'm still in awe of the incredible work and weathering on the motorcycle.

Peter

Oh no sorry I was talking to Matt about a 1/35 Carl Gustav railway gun that was entered a few years ago that won People's Choice. The motorcycle won it's category this year though.

Now I'm confused, Brad; the Carl and Dora are two different things. I gather it was the the big railway gun (Dora) not the self-propelled mortar kit (Carl)?

Now I'm confused, Brad; the Carl and Dora are two different things. I gather it was the the big railway gun (Dora) not the self-propelled mortar kit (Carl)?

Oops. Maybe it was me who confused them. The Dora is the one you need a pallet jack or skid lifter for. The 1/35 SP mortar is big enough but the Dora is mammoth

Matty

Oops. Maybe it was me who confused them. The Dora is the one you need a pallet jack or skid lifter for. The 1/35 SP mortar is big enough but the Dora is mammoth

Matty

Just a simple name boo boo, I think, Matt, and I was thrown off a bit by Brad using the term Carl Gustav (in post #98), as the only Carl (Karl) I'm familiar with in 1:35 scale, is the Trumpeter kit, whereas the Dora (Schwere Gustav), is the gigantic railroad gun, and in 1:35 (Soar Art kit), would just dwarf the Carl.

clrz7H.jpg