F4U-5N, Guy Bordellon, Korea 1953 FINISHED

blackbetty

Alan - thanx for the compliment

Chuck - i used the Detail&Scale drawings. you will need a vac canopy from me if you have the conversion. i will look into the decals. the problem with the Bordellon plane is the shade of the light blue....

Troy - breaking of parts is a true art i am very good at. i turned around with the model in hand and broke wing and fuselage in two :o  - thank god before paint, but i had to redo all the filling at the bottom :wacko:

more paint, windsheild is on

28194721277_ce715a8c16_b.jpg56 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

28194722257_f36caf2a03_h.jpg57 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

then i discovered that the MLG of the kit is complete junk due to the sinkmarks. Ernie does a bronze set, but with shipping it adds to about 40 quid, thats a little steep, any one change his tamiya gear to metal and wants to part with the kit parts? shipping charges will keep this in europe

Edited by blackbetty

more paint, windsheild is on

28194721277_ce715a8c16_b.jpg56 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

28194722257_f36caf2a03_h.jpg57 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

then i discovered that the MLG of the kit is complete junk due to the sinkmarks. Ernie does a bronze set, but with shipping it adds to about 40 quid, thats a little steep, any one change his tamiya gear to metal and wants to part with the kit parts? shipping charges will keep this in europe

Carl,

I have all the MLG parts from my F4U-1D, I built mine as a gear up model. IF you dont have any luck finding them in Europe, you can have mine for shipping costs. The only catch is that these are packed up in a storage unit and are awaiting shipment to my new home in three weeks, they are yours once I get to the new home and unpacked. Send me a PM with your address.