F-4F Phantom II WTD-61

Koralik

It is........................but nevertheless the model is superbly built, nomatter what!!

Oops, so many of you photograph your stuff outdoors, there was no indication that was the real plane. In any case, still a stunner.

First of all, absolutely breathtaking work. Love the finish and looks a lot like the real deal. Congrats!

Nice work! Do you know if they will keep her flying?

Cheers

She's long gone I'm afraid. Been there for her last flight and touchdown in July 2013. She's been the second to last German Phantom flying and as far as i know she's used now to teach apprentices at the WTD's training facility. I think she's beyond the status where you could bring her back. If memory serves me right they even placed a camping chair in her cockpit. Pity.

• 7 months later...

I have a Revell phantom in the stash too, there is quite a bit of work necessary to get to that result!

I hope it is okay to point out one thing that caught my eye though: it seems like you switched the port and starboard splinter plates in front of the air intakes. The plates on your model face down, while they are almost parallel to the ground. It shouldn't be too hard to take them off the kit and switch them, though. I almost did the same thing!

Nic

great result nonetheless!! I actually picked up one these 'ready made' off ebay a few months back for £50. I also have a 1/32 SHOWTIME, and both BBI ELITE PHANTOMS as well.

DSC_0163_zpsuslcx2mr_edit_1536516415629_

DSC_0164_zpseufk8ms5_edit_1536515884592_

DSC_0167_zpstyfsruex_edit_1536516032152_

DSC_0169_zpsogaamiwh_edit_1536515042859_

DSC_0172_zpswi0evcwm_edit_1536514991356_

DSC_0174_zpsmawyajdo_edit_1536515775421_

Edited by Robertjon5