SA330 Puma Rijkswacht (federale police)

mark31

Look forward to seeing this come together Mark (used to get back seat rides in Pumas out of RAF Odiham - and get the Benson ones over the barn all the time) - so one of my favourite helicopters...

May be an oldie but, like Heller's big Frelon, they got he surface detailing done very well with all those raised rivets!

Iain

Hi Mark

Gee, I wish I was only 36 years old.

Sure looks as if you have your work cut out.

I'll be following and no questions that you will come out the winner

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Yes Peter i whas only 5 at that time

i remember when i whas 12 years i made this kit but it whas the matchbox boxing.

Mark

Look forward to seeing this come together Mark (used to get back seat rides in Pumas out of RAF Odiham - and get the Benson ones over the barn all the time) - so one of my favourite helicopters...

May be an oldie but, like Heller's big Frelon, they got he surface detailing done very well with all those raised rivets!

Iain

Thanks and yes its a oldie but with some love i think it will be a beaty and like the super frelon have that one in the stash for the future

Mark

ok some progress

I have started with the tail section

Because this is a old kit it have its problems

All the lines are molded on so i have to regrave them

Also i need some putty for the sink marks.

When sanding i lost some rivet detail so i have decieded to remove all the rivets and start over again because some pannel lines where between the rivet lines.

Before sanding.

6_zpsaz7sy4uk.jpg

Also i have inserted a plastic rod to look like the drive shaft for the tail rotor.

Like you can see almost all detail gone but still some filling and sanding to go.

8_zpsdf7v0vqv.jpg

After filling and sanding i will start engraving the pannel lines then primer after that rivet time

Mark

Mark,

I see the PUMA  flying over here so this is one  I will like to see.   When I used to go to Immingham ports they have the PUMA Flying checking the ships that have docked in the harbor .  

:wub:

your work on the instrument panel  is quality work. 

Nice CLEAN work on the tail section  too.

:yahoo:  :thumbsup: 

Keep up the excellent  work. 

I'm a regular visitor to Immingham port. To be sad, I just left it 3hrs ago. The only thing flying out there at the moment is the klm flight into Humberside and the occasional off-shore flights.

Never seen anything else checking the vessels alongside exept bugs in summer and birds all year round.

It's going to be a nice Puma! a great start.

Maybe its just vision but it looks like the box-art has much bigger sponsooms than the Rijkswacht chopper at your pics and the daco sheet?

I've got a KH dauphin waiting to be build as the pilot helicopter of Le Havre.

Happy modeling Bas