32nd scale with civilian cloths

Guest Peterpools

slight thread drift

Derek and Mark,

Revell released 3 different boxings of the Super Cub kit. I believe you can cross kit the early Revell Germany or Revell USA release with the later Revell Germany kit (RG4698 with floats) to get what you want. It comes with flaps, a 150 HP engine and the rounded side windows of the civilian Super Cub. No wheeled landing gear, though.

Gary

who would love a DHC-1, 2 and/or 3 :)

Gary--- WOW, thanks for the info. thats what I get fro not paying attention. Guess I need to hunt acouple of thoes down. There we go Derek, we can interchange the wings.

Mark

Sounds like most of your bases will be covered then Mark? It would still be fun to have some 'Tundra' type wheels though! (I wonder if anyone has any 1/48 Lacaster wheels going spare?... :hmmm: :)).

4215_800.jpg

Derek

Edited by Derek B

I'm sure there WAS a 32nd scale plastic kit of the Staggerwing. I had one, in bright yellow plastic. Can't think of the makers name though....

Tim

Was the old Staggerwings Unlimited kit popped from the '60s ITC mold. Many mods needed to make a decent model. Prop, cowl,glass,landing gear,full cockpit and all exterior details. But a lot easier than a total scratchbuild. The kits are still available at vendors booths and on line for 90-200 dollars. Mine below.

a451bfa3.jpg

Was the old Staggerwings Unlimited kit popped from the '60s ITC mold. Many mods needed to make a decent model. Prop, cowl,glass,landing gear,full cockpit and all exterior details. But a lot easier than a total scratchbuild. The kits are still available at vendors booths and on line for 90-200 dollars. Mine below.

a451bfa3.jpg

Ah yes...............

That IS in fact, the exact model that prompted me to put up a staggerwing!

I think we competed against each other at the 2011 NATs. :D Peter is right, its a gorgeous model!

I would like to see the two aircraft that planted the spark that drove my desire to make aviation my career.

Sky King’s Cessna T-50 Bobcat or Bamboo Bomber as it was better known by and the Cessna 310B.

The Bamboo Bomber because it was also the first aircraft I ever piloted though from the “right seat”.

terry_t50_home.jpg

The Cessna 310 because it is a very elegant, gracefully designed aircraft; looks fast sitting still!

Songbird_III.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ah, I don't even think of dreaming to hold a 300/400 series Cessna twins in my hands one day... :)

...you might add a Beech and Piper twins to the list. Did someone mention the Piaggio Avanti...?

...some regional airliners (Metroliner, ATR-42, Dash 8 etc.) arn't that much larger than some modern fighters... :)