32nd scale with civilian cloths

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

How about a list of civil aircraft we would like to hope for in 32nd & 24th scale:

Fairchild 24 with an inline Ranger

Howard DGA

Swift CG-1A

Bede -5J (1/24th scale)

Pitt S-1 (1/24 scale)

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

You see from the lack of response to your topic, there is no interest in GA a/c. Thus, no market value. Decided 10 yrs. ago not to be frustrated by this and decided to either scratchbuild or do conversions. How about a mono coupe or boring all polished aluminum Cessna 120/140. No guns no bombs no problem.

Hi Peter,

There are some civilian aircraft worthy of kitting, but most of the interest seems to be military hardware (basically, if you can hang bombs on it, it will sell). Trainers fair only a little better (although Steve's other topic thread seems to have stirred some interest of late).

I think the dual-personality (Jekell/Hyde) type civilian aircraft that also have military roles would do better. Off the top of my head I can think of such aircraft as the Saab MF-19 Supporter, Cessna 0-1 Birdog, Cessna 0-2 Skymaster, SA Bulldog, King Air 200, Cessna 150/172, BN Islander, Bae Jetstream, HS 125 and Aerospatial Gazelle/Eurocopter/Ecuril/Dauphane amongst many others that would fill both roles admirably.

Derek

Edited by Derek B

I agree GA is very naglected in the scale. I also think if someone would do some of these A/C, we that enjoy GA could use them for GA A/C. So here's my wish list. Cessna 0-1 Birdog, Cessna 0-2 Sky master, King Air 200, Cessna 150/172 or even a Cessna Citation, Falcon and Hawker

Thanks for listening to me wine.

Mark

Guys

From the response, you are correct and the issue is history.

Peter

Peter,

It is a very good topic, so don't wrie it off just yet. At least two of the aircraft on my (and Mark's) list will be looked at by me, and if they are well received, then I may expand it?

Cheers

Derek

I agree GA is very naglected in the scale. I also think if someone would do some of these A/C, we that enjoy GA could use them for GA A/C. So here's my wish list. Cessna 0-1 Birdog, Cessna 0-2 Sky master, King Air 200, Cessna 150/172 or even a Cessna Citation, Falcon and Hawker

Thanks for listening to me wine.

Mark

No whining at all as far as I can see Mark! - Good list (and close to mine). One more that I really like is the Pilatus PC-6 Turbo-Porter (I blame the film 'Air America' for that!).

Cheers

Derek

Would love to see:

Bristol 167 Brabazon..the long range liner.

Bristol 170 Freighter...the short range/ utility transport .

Bristol 175 Britannia ....the long range turboprop airliner.

And

Zivko edge 540.

In 1;32 scale would be just fine... :)

...Nothing too small then MARU?... :)

Derek