Differences between P-51D & H? (H kit as conversion for D??)

Lee in Texas

I just got back from the ASMS model show in Austin, where I picked up an old Eagles Talon P-51H Vac/resin/white metal kit. There were 2 in one box and the total was 10 bucks. Also- I didn't know there was an injection kit available (let alone 2 kits). Anyway- I'm wondering if I can use the vac fuselage with an existing P-51D kit for a lazy man's P-51H.

Just curious to know: What does the Eagles Talon vac/resin kit contain and first of all i take it it's 1/32 scale?

What IM kit do you mean: a IM P51H kit.....cause i don't think there is any in 32nd

On kitbashing: in the past someone bashed a Hasegawa kit, by lengthening the fuselage for one thing, but several other changes were made, have to look ik up in old magz

Sure would be a nice project to do though.

cheers,

jack.

Yeah, the P-51H was an enlarged, and mostly changed version of the P-51 created after the war. I know in 1/48 that there is the Classic Airframes and HiPM kits, so I assume that those might work better, since they're purpose built. I do like the ANG versions of the P-51H, so please post up your progress of it.

Matt :party0023:

The P-51H was not an "enlarged" P-51D. It was a mostly new airframe based on the experimental XP-51F and XP-51G versions. As such, it was and all-new airframe designed to be more simplified, lighter and more powerful than the P-51D.

HTH,

D

Edited by D Bellis

• 3 weeks later...

I personally think the H is an ugly machine. The D and B are gorgeous, well balanced and timeless.

The H, I dunno, it looks awkward to me.....

Probably a better fighter, but an ugly one.

X2

.....but ya gotta love that big paddle prop!!!

Which btw, for those that dont know, is the prop in the Revell 1/32 Miss America, I am sure its is about as accurate as the rest of the kit, but at least they made an effort. (and now at least I have something to go off of to reshape a 1/24 HS cuffed to look like an Aeroproducts H model paddle prop)