So didn't brave the blue today mostly as I wanted to fix the tail and come to resolution on the green that was used and get that taken care of.
So did fix the tail, over spray of silver...
Also test fitted the windscreen after a bit of black paint on the inside - used the sun screen cover as a paint guide...
Fit and Clarity is better than I expected when you are up close. Not up to Tamiya standards, as has been noted and I didn't go through the effort that Quarg did (really nice job he did replacing the center glass!) but the fit is better than I expected. Also been fitting the fuselage to the top wing - the fuselage is maybe 1mm too wide to fit perfectly so I've been working to get that addressed. Getting better, but not perfect yet.
Also worked with 'Dark Green' to see if I could find something closer to what is in the pictures in the National Archives that Dana found. I'm having two main issues: Sometimes I look at the pictures and all I see is blue on LouIV's fuselage - rudder and all, and other times I see some green patches. Regardless, for the wing I've added dark green to the outer panels:
And the previous color for comparison:
I should have taken the picture against the same background but you probably see how much darker this green is. Actually used Vallejo Black Green RLM 70. Not a heavy coat, but enough to get the job done.
And before repainting:
That's it for now. Taking the evening off to watch the Stanley Cup and the Warriors game. Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday weekend!
Edited by CANicoll, 28 May 2018 - 10:05 PM.