Tamiya's release schedule next 5 years (suggestion)

timvkampen

I hope Tamiya announce something new soon.  It's been too much of a while.  There are so many worthy candidates in the WW2 era, and although all of their present subjects have been covered by other manufacturers, for me none are as worthy of work bench as the Tamiya kits.  So it would be great to see a couple of Luftwaffe planes given the Tamiya treatment, as well as some not so well covered by others.  So here's a few of my suggestions:

1)  Macchi 202 or 205 (or both!!  I'm sure this would sell well as it's vastly under represented in any scale.  Tamiya have done various Macchis in other scales, so 1/32 is well overdue)

2)  Messerscmitt BF-109 (I'd love to see an Emil, as well as an F, G or K)

3)  Focke Wulf FW-190  (both BMW radial and Junkers Jumo - more easily done than the above 109 versions)

4)  Lockheed P-38 Lightning (early and late versions shouldn't be a difficulty)

5)  Hawker Hurricane (in MkI, MkIIa, b and c versions)

6)  Grumman F4f Wildcat (surely a wonderful match for their early Zero)

7)  Republic P-47 (I'm sure they could manage both bubble canopy and razorback versions, in similar fashion to their Spitfire offerings)

8)  Bristol Beaufighter (so many different versions to choose from here, and another subject that's under represented)

There  are plenty more to suggest, including Kawasaki's KI-45 and KI-61, Kawanishi's N1K1 and the Nakajima family, Hawker Tempest, Messerschmitt BF-110 and not forgetting some of the Russian planes.  Early jets also make good candidates.  DeHavilland Vampires, Republic F-84, Messerschmitt ME-262, NA F-86 Sabre, Gloster Meteor, MiG 15 and 17 etc.

Let's hope Tamiya will get their 1/32 mojo back soon.  I'd happily buy all of these.  :yahoo:  OK, I'd be poor, but happy.  

Cheers,

Michael

Guest Maxim

I'm certain we'll see an BF-109 and the FW-190 at some stage. The rest in pure guesswork but for allied aircraft I'd say a F6F Hellcat would be their top candidate.

Guest Peterpools

I'm just hoping there is actually a new 32nd scale release this year. Tamiya's past steady performance of new 32nd kits has greatly slowed and just fingers crossed.
Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Yeah, I personally have gone from individual wishes for new release Tamiya LSPs to just hoping Tamiya releases more LSPs period.   Within reason, Ill buy most ANYTHING Tamiya-san releases in 1/32nd. 

My current guess is another 1/48 Tomcat with repelling micro magnets allowing flaps down or attracting all retracted, the inner set being battery powered electromagnets.

Alongside the start of later series 1/32 Ki-61-11 & -100 props.

Tony

I do not believe a Tamiya MiG-15 would be cheaper or more detailed than the Hph kit. It would nonetheless be far easier to assemble...but does this justify the need for a release whereas there is no LSP choice for so many forgotten topics...?

I believe it does, yes. I'd buy a Tamiya MiG-15 (or F-86) in a heartbeat, whereas I'll never likely have any of the HpH kits.

Guest Maxim

Agree, the majority would buy a Tamiya Mig-15 over the HpH resin kit even if the price point was the same. I don't own any of the Tamiya 32 scale kits but would drop the dollars for a Sabre and  a Mig 15. Tamiya do what the want and if they decide to release a kit they'll do it even if there's one in resin knowing the majority of modellers do not build full resin kits.

Edited by Maxim

Guest Peterpools

I really don't think in at least 1/32nd scale tamiya worries too much about the competition.

A few examples that come to mind:

ZM P-15D

HKM Mosquito

I'm pretty sure tamiya feels, if they will make it, the modelers will come

Peter

I'm taking a break from my WNW obsession right now and working on the Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk. IX.

Just tonight I completed the engine bearer/firewall area.  Stuff on this kit literally falls into place and almost "clicks" into position.

If you like 1/32 scale model airplane kits and *don't* have these super kits from Tamiya, you are really missing out.

I have the A6m2 in my stash, but no others.  As I have been working on the Spit, I keep telling myself it is time to get all of these Tamiya super kits.

I think the next build will be the P-51.

I throw up a little in my mouth every time someone asks for another 109.

Amen!!!

Last time I checked, there are 83 Bf 109 boxings in 1:32. 

The world doesn't really need another one, surely? Especially with so many other aeroplanes either having no kit, just a couple or only in resin.

Fw 189 springs to my mind. I'm not paying £200 to PHP for a build that will, being charitable, be "challenging".

I can see the point with another 109, but for most companies it seems that would ensure sales. Like Peter, I dont think Tamiya-san works that way to be honest. I think they pretty much put out whatever they want within reason.    Whatever LSP that they make next will without a doubt, sell well.   Because Tamiya doesnt work on a strictly need to get profit basis, I think that alone helps reduce the likelyhood we will see a repeat of something like a 109.

Having said that, if Tamiyas next LSP is an Me-109 Ill snatch one up in a heartbeat