Trumpeter A-7E corsair, VA-46 Clansmen

blackbetty

i wont bother you with my attempts on using the kit intake trunk (twopart sinkholemonster), after i was done with it i ordered the zacto intake. i should have done this in the fiirst place: it extends all the way back (not ending in a wall after half of the way like the kit part), it even comes with a resin engine face (what the kit lacks alltogether), it also doesnt have to be painted, because it comes in white ;)

post-2020-1254204729.jpg

the attachment for the front probes have to be filled, as well as the hole where the plastic AOA sensor mounts at the side. i will scratch the sensor later

the steps on the side arent meant to be installed shut, so you have to thin and fit them inside their holes. gunport has to be blended into the fuse side

correcting the squashed fuselage end is next

post-2020-1254315863.jpg

dave, i checked out your build before i started to get ideas. hope you finish it.

following thierrys excellent tweak list, i worked more on the fuselage. looking at pics of the rear section of it, it really seems to squashed and too wide, so i made some wedge shaped cuts in front of the rearmost part

post-2020-1254480218.jpg