WnW Sopwith Snipe (early)

1to1scale

• 2 weeks later...

No pictures today, but spent about three hours last night working on applying decals and detail painting the interior, i also added a wash to half the pieces giving them a little age. I still have a bit more detailing before I start assembling the interior, hopefully I will a few pictures tonight. 

The wood graining effect is excellent, will look even better when it's off the sprue.

Can see you've been bitten by the WNW bug in a big way. They are just bloody superb kits.

Be careful about painting parts to be glued - the fit is so tight that a coat of paint can put the fit out.

The wood graining effect is excellent, will look even better when it's off the sprue.

Can see you've been bitten by the WNW bug in a big way. They are just bloody superb kits.

Be careful about painting parts to be glued - the fit is so tight that a coat of paint can put the fit out.

Yes, thanks for the advice. I will dry fit and scrape before I glue. 

Tiz good advice. The tollarences that Sir Peter makes his kits to is pretty precise, and even a few mil of paint can throw the fit of the entire build off, as Dean mentioned.

I have spent a couple nights detail painting, weathering, and finally...tonight I did the rigging. It took me two solid hours to glue up 26 pieces of floppy, stretchy, noodles. It drove me crazy at times, and I even combined a few swear words for some new combinations that even sailors have not heard before. But alas, I am ready to assemble the cockpit....just not tonight. My eyes need a good rest.

FNB2dds.jpg

Dog.  Do It, Brother!

'a clear, yellow, or orange'

Got a Brand Name?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

I mixed 9 parts tamiya clear yellow to one part clear red, thinned about 60%, sprayed on a few thin coats.