NEW TAMIYA 1/32 OFFERING.

krow113

I'd buy a 190 as long as it was an A variant but a 109 won't be mine.

Ron

Pretty much how I feel. I would definitely buy an Anton 190 and would likely (eventually) succumb to even a G model 109 by Tamiya as I have not built any 109s yet, but Id take a big Ol pass on an Emil.

Japan never used the F-16. The F-2 is a much different bird that looks somewhat similar. An F-2 would be cool, but about as likely as the Storch...

Yes, I know and I should have been more definitive..... the F2 is a Japanese version of the F-16...visually it's basically a little larger version of the F-16 and is based on the "Agile Falcon" version that was never produced stateside.

What I was getting at is they are directly linked to Misawa AB where the F-16CJ Wild Weasels help protect the country and the Japanese can identify with them...then you add the fact that the F-16 is all over the world with many countries and you have a 1/32 kit that is pretty expensive, but will sell like hotcakes.

Two questions.

What is it you don't understand about the popularity of WWII 'Luftwaffe' aircraft?

What are the clues and info you have seen that have convinced you the it will be a Corsair?

Steve

Well, since you asked....I just don't get the love for the Nazi birds....the 109/190 weren't that visually appealling and they were flown by Nazis. A P-51 or Spit are visually beautiful aircraft and the P-51 was a real hot rod. The Corsair was very unique looking and was a beast in the air.

As far as clues....there are several pretty solid clues thru out this thread...when you add them up....a Corsair is the most logical guess.

And don't forget.....the power of the 'Chop!

TamiyaCorsair3dbox-1.jpg

I just don't get the love for the Nazi birds....the 109/190 weren't that visually appealling and they were flown by Nazis.

I'm afraid I have to take issue with both components of your statement there. Obviously whether something is visually appealing or not is a matter of personal taste, but many of us find both the 190 and 109 very interesting-looking aircraft.

The 'flown by Nazis' comment I can only assume is mischievous, as even the most rudimentary appreciation of the historical context involved would be enough to realise that a Luftwaffe pilot and a Nazi are not the same thing.

Kev

All,

just a quick note to explain why the thread was locked by Matty for those who missed what occurred. I was degenerating into areas we don't like to go to here on LSP, so all those confrontational comments were deleted and the thread put to bed.

Ron