• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#31 ruzlkampf

ruzlkampf

• Deceased Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 04:43 PM

Aaaaaah well, I can fail any number of times.....only need to get it right once, eh?! heh heh. Different view;

f.JPG

Hmmmm, that's too far away, a bit closer. Yep, still doesn't look quite right. sigh.

f1.JPG

#32 ruzlkampf

ruzlkampf

• Deceased Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 04:48 PM

Drat and confuscate this discerningly difficult contour. These views don't look tooo bad, but it's back to the elves for whipping and re-whittling. Going out to the desert for an evening of 'getting outta town' for awhile now that the holiday hub-bub has subsided, so I'll blabber at ya'll when I get back. Happy New Year everyone! :thumbsup: later, Russ

g.JPG

g1.JPG

#33 ruzlkampf

ruzlkampf

• Deceased Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:00 PM

Alright, I've done a bit more contouring on my cowling....got some aluminum stubs for exhausts, made some changes in the cockpit, and got my tail-feathers filled in. Guess I'll start with a cockpit update. Made the radio area look a little 'busier looking' (scale looking, I dunno? :speak_cool: ), and added the head armor and K-14 gunsight from a Dragon kit.

a.JPG

Lemmee step back a bit and include the new nose contours and exhaust stubs. Hmmmmm, it's getting closer to what I have envisioned. ^_^

a1.JPG

#34 ruzlkampf

ruzlkampf

• Deceased Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:02 PM

Mocked up so I can take a gander at what I've got so far.

b.JPG

#35 ruzlkampf

ruzlkampf

• Deceased Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:04 PM

Let me try to get a shot of the nose. Still smoothing it down, but it's looking a bit more like it should methinks.

c.JPG

#36 ruzlkampf

ruzlkampf

• Deceased Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:06 PM

d.JPG

#37 ruzlkampf

ruzlkampf

• Deceased Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

e.JPG

#38 ruzlkampf

ruzlkampf

• Deceased Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:12 PM

Time to start gluing things together and getting a primer coat on this in preparation for a NMF. Not sure how I'm going to do that yet, guess I'll just wing it? :speak_cool: Found out it's MUCH easier to get those nose contours zeroed in with the cowling in place. Makes it a lot easier to judge the lines. More pics as things progress! Later, Russ

f.JPG

#39 rafju

rafju

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:03 AM

Hi Russ

The cowling things really turn out of the right shape!

but an other point should be to be careful with the wing dihedral as the Hasegawa is a bit less than it must be...

Raphael

#40 Derek B

Derek B

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,289 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:20 PM

Hi Russ,

Who let that mad man back into the house? :goodjob: (Happy New Year to you :D). As usual, very much a 'Rusville' production going on here, and who knows where it will all end up? (It will be an interesting journey though :thumbsup:). I am guessing that this is the Hasegawa kit you are recrafting? (I like the detail extras, especially the pilot figure). I shall stay tuned and hurl abuse/encouragement/advice as required ;) .

Cheers

Derek

Derek Bradshaw

" Are we not men?...Nay, we are but model makers?..."

#41 ruzlkampf

ruzlkampf

• Deceased Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:40 PM

Gaaaaaahhhh! Galdurnit Raphael, that is one thing I didn't want to hear! :wacko: Stopped my little dog 'n pony show in mid-twirl dude. ;) I dunno though, I really can't see where the dihedral is off on this kit.....and I've been squinting at it with my tongue outta the side of my mouth pretty closely. Hmmmmm, I included some pics at the end of this thread so I can incite a riot over what everybody thinks. I can hack this into a bit more upsweep on those wings, but it's sooooo close to what I think it should be........dunno. Hmmm, have to ponder on this for a spell. :P
Bahahahahaha! Happy New Year to you also Derek! :mental: You go right ahead and blast away buddy, I've got the hide of a rhino.....a brain the size of a pea,....the placidity of Buddha, and I'll be chattering away like the village idiot so you'll probably think I'm ignoring you anyway?! :P :m0152:
Where wuz I, and what was the question? Yes, the P-51....so I was just getting ready to spray this with a primer coat after getting all the seams on the wings and scribing some engine panel lines. I've been robbing a Dragon kit for parts, as it will become an air racer in the future and won't need what I'm swapping. Using the pylons, shackles, and 110gal. tanks (after I removed most of the raised detail on em) in lieu of the Hasegawa parts. Kit parts were shaped smoother, but I liked the Dragon tanks fuel filler detail. Here's the wings ready to go together,....if I don't have to do more work for the dihedral. Also, the fabric on the elevators has been filled.

a.JPG

#42 ruzlkampf

ruzlkampf

• Deceased Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:45 PM

What I'm going to use for a cockpit. Not much, but the pilot obscures most of what's visible anyway. Honed the cowling down a bit more, and it's about where it's going to be. Should be easier to discern the lines after primer. Filled the fabric on the rudder cuz it was a bit overdone.

b.JPG

#43 ruzlkampf

ruzlkampf

• Deceased Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:48 PM

This model will have the shrouded exhausts, I'm just not thru playing around with these off the PCM Spit yet. Nuther view;

c.JPG

#44 ruzlkampf

ruzlkampf

• Deceased Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:51 PM

Oh yeah....., that cowling is looking much better now. More of a profile view. I can't hang with this kit canopy, and I want a clear rear-view mirror blister on top....so looks like this will end up a master for a new vacuformed version. Lotsa fun, whoohoo!

d.JPG

#45 ruzlkampf

ruzlkampf

• Deceased Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:54 PM

That's enough fuse pics; I just like this one cuz it shows off that cool Masterdetails pilot so well. :mental:

d1.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users