TypeIX u boat conning tower in 1/35

JRutman

Hi Jerry ,

Like your build , very nice work on the wintergarden! But is it not a type VII C/41 late atlantic version with snorkel .

Willi

The ref that I went with was of a captured late war type IX that was moored at a port in Canada right after the surrender.

J

I'm not sure about all the niggleing details, but that is a nice build. Jerry, did you pick up any bling with this at competitions?

I came in second in the seagoing dio category. The guy that beat me did a dio of the Titannic as she appears on the ocean floor. Go figure! Thought I was good to go until he showed up with that.

The other side of my conning tower has the captain pointing down to bottles of cognac in the water as a crew mwember tries to fish them out of the drink with a boat hook.

The guy that I built this for died and his widow threw it out. Wish I had more pics.

J

Hi Jerry ,

Yep, see the difference now , should have kown it was a Type IX :BANGHEAD2: I met the man who pulled the plug on the 505 but did not get rid of the plug the proper way just left it in the control room . We talked alot and became friends before his passing . Had lots of cool wartime stories to tell .

Willi

• 11 months later...