Revell BAe Hawk - in 45 Days [Calling this one finished. 02/04/2017]

Breaker

Same as Doogsatx, I'm in the Facebook SMCG group and I'm trying to go for a model from start to finish in 45 days. Decided to go for something cheap and cheerful (until I added aftermarket). 

Revell's 1/32 BAe 1/32 Hawk T1.A in 74 Sqdrn markings with dropped flaps and missiles! 

Aires Seats, CMK Flaps, Master Pitot, Xtradecals and some scrap bin parts for the AIM-9S and launchers. 

1_zps2aasnsne.jpg

2_zpsn7j83q9i.jpg

4563294673_dab69a202a_b_zpshgfekzlz.jpg

3_zpsekwegzy0.jpg

Edited by Breaker

Looks like the wheels need some nitrogen in them :oops: . If they looked like that on the flight line I would put the guy who serviced it on a fizzer :fight: . For those who subscribe to bulging side walls, just look at your correctly inflated car tyres and see how much side wall distortion there is.

Your build (tyres withstanding) is looking good. Looking forward to seeing the finished article.

Bob.

P.S. my own Hawk is stalled and has been temporarily Hangared (2 plus years ) so I think that mine will need more nitrogen in the tyres :innocent:

I've been using Geedubs thread on here as a guide to adding some detail, so I added the top exhaust vent in a similar fashion to his.

16939200_2001169346782284_48315709367924

16832241_2001169343448951_77567219189508

Not massively concerned with accuracy in terms of where the pipe goes but filling unsightly open holes. 

16865087_2001345496764669_20774787310756

Been messing with some AMMO worn effects as well to add some primer peeking through the cockpit paint as I've got some references showing this. 

The "top exhaust vent" is for the G.T.S. (gas turbine starter) this is effectively the engine starter. There should be louvered panels on both sides of the fuselage near the vent, Revell only have depicted this on the port side of the fuselage, it should be mirrored on the starboard as well. Most Hawks are well looked after, but, they do suffer from wear and tear and as they are now approaching 43 years old some wear is definitely evident in the cockpit. As the Hawk has been through Major servicing, most of the airframe would have the "surface finish restored" this includes the cockpit. As such, weathering is up to you and as it's your model and your reference that show this level of wear, who's to argue. I have personally seen cockpits from "Tatty Ton" and "F.R.A.D.U." in this worn condition. 

I looked forward to seeing more stunning progress and what can be achieved in 45 days.

Bob.