Yak-3 Special Hobby

Fenous

• 2 weeks later...

Quote from my Ki-84 build thread with pictures lost for some unknown reason:

About my gizmo for holding model: grip for file with screw with removed head glued in it. Nut of unknown purpose to me glued inside the front fusselage before cockpit and wing is assembled together and another nut tight from outside. With Hayate I had to use rubber spacer made from rubber leg for furniture. All bought in our local department store. Those nuts are probaly for use with plasterboard.
DSC09541.jpgDSC09548.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Just catching up on your build and very impressed with the beautiful and details. Interior front office and landing gear weathering looks dead on the money.

Yip, sure looks like a YAK now - terrific progress.

Very nice jig for positioning the model while working on it - surely solves a lot of handling problems

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thank you for the kind reply and description.

Ernest

Quote from my Ki-84 build thread with pictures lost for some unknown reason:

About my gizmo for holding model: grip for file with screw with removed head glued in it. Nut of unknown purpose to me glued inside the front fusselage before cockpit and wing is assembled together and another nut tight from outside. With Hayate I had to use rubber spacer made from rubber leg for furniture. All bought in our local department store. Those nuts are probaly for use with plasterboard.
DSC09541.jpgDSC09548.jpg

Very impressive. Your painting skills are light years ahead of mine. One question, how did you get those tiny hose clamps on the landing gear? No matter what I do, mine always look like something you'd see on a tank or ship, way too big. Just one thing that jars the image when I look at it. To me, the wiring for the radio seems to be too large in diameter and the curves of it too sweeping. Otherwise its marvelous.

Edited by Sabre F-86