Me 262 Sturmvogel

alaninaustria

and a little more.... the weathering and smaller details such as the landing gear etc will come later.... and the Hobby Decal dry transfers will be coming soon too!!

I will also have to attach the air scoops on the nacelle tops.... I sanded them off because the shape was a bit off...

post-10-1175776196.jpg

post-10-1175776266.jpg

and a little more... a little over spray made it's way into the wheel bays... so I will have to reapply some more Aluminum. I have had a go at trying to keep the painting rather light.... and some of the rivet details on the fwd nacelles are gone... but I would appreciate hearing your opinions... positive or negative on the overall job.... ;)

Cheers

Alan B)

post-10-1175776363.jpg

Hi Alan,

Is it my imagination or did you start by posting a pic of that beautiful Dieppe Spitfire of yours before realising it wasn't the Stormbird? Whatever, it was a treat to see it again. This one is shaping up well too (though I have to confess I'm not much of a Luftwaffe fan), and those Montex masks look like they're just the ticket.

Best, Jean

Alan

She looks very nice indeed. It is nice to see the grey scheme for a change. When you take some pics of the finished article, can you do it under natural light - so we can really see the greys to full effect. Not a criticism, just will be able to see her in the best light.

Matt

Hi guys.... just a quick update today! I have had a little progress on this bird.... steady as she goes! :D

Cheers

Alan B)

In the natural light you can see the effect that the RLM grey scheme had.... very effective I think!

I really can't wait for the new Trumpeter two seater.... I will be doing a two seater radar equiped night fighter!!

post-10-1176482323.jpg

A little more... I used the Hobby Decal dry transfers for the Me 262.... they are great... infact excellent... I have completely switched to the dry transfer system from decals... a little chipping on the port side.. that is where most of the 'foot traffic' was anyhow... as the Me 262's were usually taped and puttied on the seams... I have decided not to do so much with the panel lines and the rivets etc... just leave them as they are.... :D

post-10-1176483131.jpg

Alan the 262 is coming along great.What did you use for the aluminum wheel well?...and would you mind explaining a bit about what you did to get the landing gear polished up like that?Excellent work my friend...cheers