1/32 Northrop F-5A/B/C/D Freedom Fighter & T-38 Talon

SharkOwl

Well, no prizes for guessing what mine will come out as... ;)

Derek

Derek I'm afraid that Tan will not bring out the Freedom fighter with hellenic decals. They remove these from their RF-84F 1:48 kit for political reasons. One reason for me not to buy these kits, even I'm waiting for decades for these and even I have enough HAF decals with my own. If they bring politics in the game, so no money to spend for them....

Edited by LSP_Ron

Derek I'm afraid that Tan will not bring out the Freedom fighter with hellenic decals. They remove these from their RF-84F 1:48 kit for political reasons. One reason for me not to buy these kits, even I'm waiting for decades for these and even I have enough HAF decals with my own. If they bring politics in the game, so no money to spend for them....

I fully understand Menelaos (and also the conflict that such a purchase would cause if you are Hellenic). However, even though it is a Turkish originated kit, modellers will still purchase it and wait/hope for an AM producer to bring out Hellenic air force specific decals for it.

I also appreciate that you have amassed enough HAF decals for your own use, which is great - I still have the AM Belcher conversion set that I shall still use to convert the Revell F-5E kit, and, if I can obtain a set of wing tanks from somewhere, I will also have sufficient secondary parts to convert a second F-5E kit into an F-5B (I will convert the fuselage myself into a two seater).

Kindest regards

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Man, I would love to do a 1/32 T-38 in a USAF Thunderbird scheme?

Tim

Personnally I dream of a 1/32 T-38A Talon with the USNTPS Scheme.

I do not understand why TanModels is taking so long to release their F-5A/B/C/D + T-38 Family of 3 kits announced for many years now.

I am quite sure these will be best sellers all around the world, particularly the T-38 on the Usa market. And I am quite sure that

resin manufacturers like Aires, photoetch manufacturers like Eduard and many decals manufacturers will release a lot of aftermarket

products for these 3 kits.

:frantic:

SharkOwl

f72b691e-0880-405d-874d-31215173d4b4.jpg

I like the F/A-18B best in the USNTPS livery.

Frankly, I'm happy to wait for the Northrops in favour of the Su-33 Sea Flanker.

As for Hellenic markings, there is a difference between "removing" and "omitting". With the copious AM that will inevitably follow a worthy kit release. And you mght be denying yourself not only the Northrops, but also the RF/F-4E.

Tony

Edited by LSP_Mike
Removed uneeded comment.

Guest Smitty44

Personnally I dream of a 1/32 T-38A Talon with the USNTPS Scheme.

I do not understand why TanModels is taking so long to release their F-5A/B/C/D + T-38 Family of 3 kits announced for many years now.

I am quite sure these will be best sellers all around the world, particularly the T-38 on the Usa market. And I am quite sure that

resin manufacturers like Aires, photoetch manufacturers like Eduard and many decals manufacturers will release a lot of aftermarket

products for these

3 kits.

Ya I have wondered that also, but what can you do. I do believe it was this time last year they told us we would see their first 1/32 release. Maybe they needed to make a little cash first.

You're not the only one ...............kalispera!!!

You're not the only one ...............kalispera!!!

Good evening to you too!

Why bring politics into it at all? Ask Tanmodel if they will include Hellenic markings.

If they've left them out in the past that may have been a purely random decision and not some sinister plot.

Whatever does come in the boxes, I'm fairly confident it'll be worth having.

Tony

Good evening to you too!

Why bring politics into it at all? Ask Tanmodel if they will include Hellenic markings.

If they've left them out in the past that may have been a purely random decision and not some sinister plot.

Whatever does come in the boxes, I'm fairly confident it'll be worth having.

Tony

excuse me, but who are you to judge this, it's our privilege to see it our way, isn't it................???