Northstarmodels

ade rowlands

I have given up and filed a Paypal claim. The original order never arrived, I gave it near 2momths, attempted contact, email bounced back, tried Facebook, got an answer that very same day. Replacement order sent out next day, again with tracking that didn't work on any tracking service known to man, gave it 7 weeks, no arrival, attempted contact via Facebook again and that bounced back saying they weren't dealing with social media accounts at that time, yet posting stuff to their page, tried the email they gave in the Facebook message and after 10 days with no reply I thought to hell with it I've been more than patient and filed my claim, they have until Monday to reply to PayPal according to the process. We shall see, I had a note from Royal Mail through the door in my return from work today to say I had a parcel left in the usual spot when they can't get an answer and I thought hmm maybe PayPal spurred them in to life, nope, it was my Trumpeter P-47 Razorback I'd ordered just 4 days ago from dawngrocerystore on eBay. The Northstar order wasn't for a huge amount of £ all the same I'm done with waiting now original order was back in early March.

Gents, I have ordered from them twice. The wheels are awesome. It took a while, but well worth the wait. I ordered a second time and only received the Newer Russian gunsite. Still waiting for the PAK 1 earlier sites. Same issue for me. I waited and waited and I also made a comment that I hadn't received my order. I initially ordered the Pak 1 sites and have never received them. I also received a credit back on my PayPal account. It takes forever but so far only the wheels and later gun sights arrived. Again, well worth it as Kagemusha mentions. PM me and I'll send you a picture of the painted up wheels I could use three more sets of wheels but I really want the early sites! I had to rob the Pak 1 site out of my silver wings I-153 for my ICM Rata.

Troy

It would seem that ordering off their ebay Page garners more success than from their website. I ordered from their website directly. As stated way back when I began the thread it was the lack of communication that was grinding my gears. That and the tracking not working both times so that I can't get any idea on where my parcel may be or at what point it became lost. I have in the past ordered many times from abroad and the package arrives in the UK within days but then takes up residence at Heathrow Airport customs for weeks on end but at least I have a clue as to those packages whereabouts and what the delay is. Also not knocking Northstar as a sham company or anything, they clearly exist and are producing some great looking stuff, hence my order for some I-16 wheels and gun sights.

My 10 cents worth....

Ive ordered from them 3 or 4 times- first via fleabay, then direct from their website. Always thought their postage costs were high, and everytime they have been very, very slow. However, the wait was worth it as their products are really good quality. Ive mainly bought Fw190 and Bf109 wheels from their 'no mask' range and they have been beautifully cast out of a really nice material. Its a shame they cant sort their postage system out- its certainly put me off dealing with them more frequently.

Guest Peterpools

So I am assuming the verdict is to buy from them through their ebay store and be ready to wait for whatever time it takes?

Peter

I waited nearly 2 months each time after the shipping notice before contacting Northstar. I'd just had enough of waiting and not getting a reply to my emails or messages and the tracking numbers not working. I wouldnt advise against ordering, next time I'd try the eBay shop, if there is a next time. 

Ade R.

Can you kindly let the rest of us know how your order on aviation megastore works out for you?

I'm seriously interested in how your order turns out.

Just received the ICM I-153 and I can use the wheels and gunsite.

Thanks!

Troy

Ade R.

Can you kindly let the rest of us know how your order on aviation megastore works out for you?

I'm seriously interested in how your order turns out.

Just received the ICM I-153 and I can use the wheels and gunsite.

Thanks!

Troy

The wheels weren't in stock when I last checked Troy. I have only ordered once from aviationmegastore, an oop Eduard etch set for one of the Trumpeter Avengers and they were the only place that had one left. Item arrived fine and in a timely manner, but the shipping was eye watering for such a small weightless item. 16 Euros comes to mind, which would be bearable for a 1/32 kit but not for teeny tiny things. When I do my I-16 I might just persevere with the kit wheels unless one of the usual suspects comes out with a set that I can get from someone like Hannants.