F-16A NSAWC "55"

Marcel111

Bravo - does she also fly? This looks so real. The work of a Master!

I hope to see this bird in future.

Thanks Robert... I plan to bring it to the Basel Modellbautage, hope you'll be there!

Cheers,

Marcel

Hello Memir, Hello Zero,

Yes, it was the Tamiya Thunderbirds kit. That is the only kit (from Tamiya or Academy) that provides the correct gear and the correct wheels (the NSAWC jets are F-16 Block 15 OCU and have the same wheels as the Block 30/32 jets). That Tamiya kit of course also provides the correct smaller intake and P&W exhaust. 

The tail and exhaust are from KASL, the tail requires extensive modification since the KASL "A" tail has the parabrake housing and fin-top similar to a "C". The KASL resin is beautiful but fitting the tail still took a lot of work since trying to match up convex surfaces is tricky.

The "A" cockpit was done from a hodgepodge of resin cockpits, with bits of the True Details cockpit in there (although the instrument panel and coaming are far too large to use as-is).

After all of the above there are still a variety of little mods to be done e.g. changing the leading edge flap inside hinge fingers from three to two and removing little bumps on the wing roots (top and bottom).

The build thread is over on WIP.

Cheers,

Marcel

Excellent Adversary Viper!!! What is the other project and what colors did u use on this one?

The other project is an Alaska F-16 Block 30 aggressor in the black/gray/light gray splinter camo.

For the NSAWC build I used gray from Gunze and FS35109 and FS35190 are from Vallejo... bleached with white on the top surfaces to mimick the extensive sun weathering that these particular jets show.

Let me know if you need exact manufacturer numbers for the colors.

Cheers,

Marcel

Amazing work Marcel, great build, paint and weathering. The details on this bird really show up nicely. That exhaust looks so realistic, I just wish Mr Tamiya would re-release the small mouth f-16, but I'm also really looking forward to seeing the Splinter aggressor viper.