WTF if, P-82 with -B Fuselages...

Kaeone57

Serious modelling Alfonso!

The match between the PBY wing and the P51 wingroot is just amazing.

Great stuff!

That's really great stuff Alfonso, can't believe how you are using bits and pieces from other kits so well.

Real innovation there and its really starting to come together.

Onward and upward Buddy!

Phil :bow: :clap2: :clap2:

Serious modeling??? Are you sure about that Phil? I'm the resident ghetto village rambling idiot. I only came up with half this stuff 'cuz I don't want to scratch it no more, it's already bleeding enough and it hurts too!!! I don't think Mr Sufacer should have been applied either, it's kinda crazing the surface. Maybe a dip in future might help!! You call me serious again and I'm bookin' a flight, I ain't scared of you, you.....nevermind!!!

Believe me when I tell you that whoever molded the PBY airfoil shape into this kit was a genious of a higher degree more than any other before. I had nothing to do with it, I just used it to my benifit like the old-schooler that I is. It's also not my fault that all these other aircraft bits happen to fit this thing so nicely either. I mean what else could you do with a crappy Brit model company's, crappy Brit designed plane to begin with model, in a crappy scale anyway??? I'm refering to that POS Lancaster, and how it's finally being used properlly, for a scale "what if" mochery! You know what I mean about them Brits and their feeble attempts, right? They act like they poo don't stink and all, even think they contributed to something aerodynamically sound.....Oh, uhm, sheeeee-at!! Where you from again, uh, ooops, SORRY, hehehe.

Thanks Phil, I really do appreciate your comments and I do take them seriously, but when I got this rubber nose on, I tend to get a bit silly.

Over, under and all over the place my friend(s), may you, and all continue to enjoy..

Peace,

Alfonso

BTW- I LOVE the Brits, Airfix, and yes the Lancaster too, onleee trying to have me some fun while I'm learnin', sharin', buildin' and chattin' with me friends while not havin' to worry about the everyday robitics mankind has become so accustomed to. Laugh it up to infinity, no time to waste on silly proper vanities. Love Styrene Plastic, Lets Stop Preachin, Lets Start Practicing, Large Scale Planes, nuff said..for the thirsty bunch!!!

Edited by Kaeone57

BTW- Almost forgot to put up a breakdown of all the bits being used so far....

Airframe-

2- Trumpy P-51B fuselages, and engine cowls

1- Trumpy wing

2- Revell 1/72 PBY wing center sections

1- Monogram 1/48 P-61 horizontal stabilizer

2- Dragon sets of prop blades, 1 spinner, ailerons/trim tabs, 1 rudder

2- Hasegawa flaps

2- ? manufacturer unknown flaps for use in center section

1- Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster bomb bay doors

I'll keep adding to this list and posting it as I go.

Enjoyment/learning/problem solving factor= absolutely PRICELESS!!!!

Thanks Matty, and Glen, for the kind words, the interest, and most of all the support!! I greatly appreciate it Gentlemen.

No pics today of the lunacy, maybe for the better of LSP as no pics means no useless rambling...LOL!! Maybe by this weekend or early next week I'll post up the revisions to the fuselage/wing nacelle transition bit as they have been split down their centers now and are in the process of being made wider to the look/need I am after!!

Peace,

Alfonso

Edited by Kaeone57

• 4 months later...

Continuing with the " Things Change " mode of this build, since my last post I moved back to Miami, Fla in mid February. I was living in Atlanta, Ga. for about 2 1/2 yrs and am glad to be back HOME!!! I'll be back on this build again soon enough as I am almost done unpacking and pretty much got the new shop almost set up again!

Peace,

Alfonso

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/20/2019 at 8:35 PM, KAGNEW said:

hi Alfonso

glad to see your back.

have you watched Kitty Hawk & Panda hobby grow?

we have some exciting kits coming

later Glen

What Up Glen!!

It's been quite a while I would say! I've seen the Kitty Hawk & Panda Hobby growth and am Extremely Happy for You Sir!! Good on you for that. I actually purchased a Kingfisher a couple of years back and all I can say is... What a Beautiful kit!

Haven't really modelled much in quite some time. I've set up and tore down my studio in the past 7 years more than I wish to remember. Soon though, soon, I'll be back at it. Life and my daughter come 1st and I'm currently out of town again for the next 9/10 months. I just recently packed up my modelling essentials and this and another kit so I have some sanity at night! Lol

Hope you and the wife are good, if the number is the same I'll hit you up one of these days to chew the fat!

Be Peace Brotha!

Alfonso