Revell F-15D in Swedish splinter camo.. Oct. 27th teaser....

Daniel Leduc

Very soon, maybe sometimes next week, actually I'm working on the burner can (Tamiya) and exhaust (Cutting Edge),

gonna be nice....

Dan.

Let me know when you resume work on it, Dan, and I'll move it to the WiP forum.

Kev

I have always liked that splinter camouflage I have had the W2 German uniforms in that scheme. I used to collect camouflage uniforms.  I have a buddy who used to be a militaria dealer and I got some nice WW2 German camo outfits from him in the '60's. The SS Monet Water Lilly patterns were really interesting and imaginative. When he was assigned to 'Nam during the unpleasantness in the late '60s he ran his business from there. At one point I had the bush hats in 18 different patterns and colors, plus a number of full uniforms. Once I sent him a few camo uniforms made in the USA. One was a set in red shapes over a yellow base. Apparently animals are color blind and hunters aren't so hopefully the drunk trigger happy hunters will recognize the yellow as being worn by a human and not an animal. Well hopefully, anyway.  I wrote him that since he was in the war zone he should consider it to be a Kamikaze Camouflage suit. For some reason he did not think that was too funny.  A number of years after he returned he sold the entire collection for me. Collections come and go.

At least I photoed all the uniforms before he sold them.

Come to think of it would be fun to paint an aircraft in the splinter pattern but use bright colors, yellows, reds, blues. greens,  purples, etc.

Enjoy,

Stephen

Hey guys, I'm back, not done but very close to...

''Warning'' 

The following picture might be disturbing for some viewers,

parental discretion for the rivet counter is advise.... :frantic:

or some it might look weird to see Swedish camo on an Eagle but hey, keep in mind that this funny project started in the 'What-If' GB...  :punk:

Decal on top are almost done, finally found a good Super Scale stencil sheet that went on very smootly,

was about time, it took me 4 sheet to get it right.... :blowup:

f685eca3-3d9b-42bc-9f64-fd6767e2ce1e_zps

Very hard to take good picture with that shiny finish....

a9769eea-b0bd-467a-94f2-415df9067627_zps

And what will be my load, AGM-142 Popeye and pod from my Sufa kit, wing tank from Tamiya left over, some AARAM under it and most probably some AIM-9X on pylon....

Hey, you want them to buy it (Sweden ), you put the best on it.... :thumbsup:

d29071ee-433d-4476-9743-cd42d1b9207c_zps

Cutting Edge exhauste with Tamiya burner can......

563454c4-4b83-425a-9dcc-1f9f3a3a1f0b_zps

And dry fit......

9868ad05-cad7-442b-bd5c-b4fd60baa8b8_zps

Looking forward to that long week-end to finish all decals and clear top coat for Flory's wash.

Thanks for watching and stay close for another project that I'm almost done with, my Speed Hunter F-4D Montgomery Alabama ANG.... :wicked:

Dan.

Edited by Daniel Leduc

• 3 weeks later...

No biggy MARU, like you said '' just a little glitch '',  really appreciate all your comment guys,   :speak_cool:

that's what really helps us going true what ever we encounter along the way..... Yeah espaciallu when we feel like opening another kit... :whistle:

So everything is fine and fixed, and now is the time and I'm sure, that most of us got that little uncertainty moment...... THE WASH.

And once done, those first words out of our mouth ''what have i done....''

a7f37692-ec37-4b5f-ac75-8ee79d47f4a0_zps

Oh boy, 1st attempt and way too light...... 

no trouble, the best part of that wash, you don't like it, you wash it down.

Ah, more like it .   ;)  

c6d72406-f3fa-456c-86b9-4494a0358822_zps

6911090c-db7b-47fa-9db1-b28a0a5fae3a_zps

I'm getting close, more soon and thanks for watching

Dan.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, me again, with a little update...

Decals and wash done, top coat also and........ found out that my Eagle with those CE exhaust became tail heavy..... :doh:

and had to do a little surgery to add weight in the nose..... :BANGHEAD2:

323f0457-b777-4a12-9884-2247b4293c9e_zps

and hey, while I was there, why not put some extra.....

5d02b8cb-436b-40de-a501-f497efae42b5_zps

So I took my model aside to continue on what's left to do, but during the operation, my canopy drop on the floor....bang.

my heart almost stopped, knowing how hard it is to get replacement.... ()&?#@!@#$%*()**?)&)

:crying: then picked up my canopy on the floor to find out that I should go get myself a Megabuck ticket....

f9a6074c-7a3d-4816-9cff-1cee3b25b669_zps

only the back pin broked..... :frantic:  Oh boy.

took a brake and start on my load.

4f222796-6d80-4541-84ae-f96c6feee150_zps

4f9017b8-d3e7-4f6c-a36e-970469511ced_zps

046d13c4-a7a2-4af8-880a-914461e24993_zps

And some dry fit testing one two....

a4822be9-7a62-4429-9bfc-111f973ce535_zps

I'm almost done, now what's left to do is my seat's, repair the canopy and adjust those intake covers from PWMP,

made to fit Tamiya kit....

A very unusual pattern for that kind of bird.

Thanks for watching, more soon,

Dan.

Edited by Daniel Leduc