Kawasaki Ki61 Tony

Don,

it does look great and I am sure it will come out just fine.

SUPER neat work though. :thumbsup: :punk:

Once the pit is installed, you really can't see much anyways. It was a lesson though, the decals aren't as nice as the moulded details.

Looks great. How do you get the Fine Molds seatbelts to bend? Every time I try, they break on me.

Carl

The Finemolds belts bent easily and held shape long enough to be glued. I've used them 3 times in various builds and haven't had any breakage issues... yet. Maybe try heating in HOT water first?

hi

if you go for this particular captured AC ( good choice !!) don't forget this symbol under the wind screen ( air victory symbol ??) .here a picture ......good start for now  :thumbsup:

Alain

23c339dcfcd0e403ef621b5e903c4f7c%201_zps

Well..... Dang!! Hasegawa did this aircraft and Wolfpack did a sheet, neither one shows this symbol. Unusual for two manufacturers to miss something like this....I may have to pass on this... but that's nothing, looking at the pic I see it's supposed to have a retractable tailwheel, something the instructions show. Already glued in the part for a non retractable wheel.... sometimes I'm such a schmuck

Don

Well, then you need to schlep your tuchas over to the tips forum and kibitz with some experts, so you don't become a schlemiel.

:lol:  :lol:

I've got some ideas on the Eagle mark, going to try something. I've had to do stencils on builds before, though nothing this small. Did these on a 1/32 Tamiya JASDF a long time ago, sharksmouth and eagle insignia wern't available as decals.

IMG_4776_zpstj943mf6.jpg

IMG_4778_zpsfeq9meb7.jpg

Did manage to get paint on the build. I didn't show any in progress since it went together quickly and easily with no complications. A small amount of Mr. Surfacer was needed along top rear and bottom rear of fuselage, otherwise was filler free.

IMG_4775_zpssimxcmja.jpg

Small blemish on top of nose that will be easily repaired/hidden by flat black antiglare. I also found some old Himomaru masks so i will try painting the meatballs....Really can't be that difficult....

Don

Ok, paint progress. I applied the green camo first using rubber cement as a masking agent to give me a chipping effect. The green was Tamiya XF-13 IJA Green. Trying to find pics or refs of the pattern are a little difficult, no photos of the upper wings but some of the fuselage. Hasegawa and Wolfpack have decals for this bird but they differ greatly in pattern. Everything else was straightforward. The pics i did find showed a weathered aircraft, except the stripes and roundels were in suprisingly good shape with no real chipping. i cut out masks for the Himomaru, everything else is tape. So far no paint, i think there will be few decals, the fin flash will be a decal. All the green was done freehand with the edges cleaned up with a Q-tip dipped in windshield washer fluid. 

IMG_4790_zps98y6fid5.jpg

IMG_4789_zpsykpbckuo.jpg

IMG_4788_zpsved3oplc.jpg

IMG_4787_zps3u4e7qcu.jpg

Don

Thanks, guys!! Making progress on the build,managed to apply what decals i'll be using. Hasegawa and Wolfpack both had decals for this bird, both got the finflash wrong!! The Wolfpack version was closer to the truth and the white was white compared to the off white of the Hasegawa decals. Fin flash adds a bit more color to the build.

IMG_4792_zpsiw6pra4h.jpg

IMG_4791_zps0gmzuqmo.jpg

Also redid the black anti glare shield.

IMG_4793_zps3etjy2bq.jpg

IMG_4794_zps5dqpu76q.jpg

Hope to clear coat it later today so i can do a panel line wash tomorrow.

Don