Painting a real F-16

Nic C.D.

There's been a few companies interested in releasing a kit of the aircraft in the near future in 1/72 and 1/48, and I think there's a good chance that decals in 1/32 will be made too; probably by Syhart Decals. It'll help that I can send them the designs that were used. Masks could be useful too. The next work that has to be done, are the T-shirts, photos, profiles, etc. to get them ready for the airshow season. The team will perform in 9 countries in Europe in 17 shows.

Here a little cartoon that was made, with Dark Falcon loaded with a light sabre !

360.jpg

Nic

Ow; Yes Jack, if all goes well, I'll be on the flight to make a couple of photos! 

There's been a few companies interested in releasing a kit of the aircraft in the near future in 1/72 and 1/48, and I think there's a good chance that decals in 1/32 will be made too; probably by Syhart Decals. It'll help that I can send them the designs that were used. Masks could be useful too. The next work that has to be done, are the T-shirts, photos, profiles, etc. to get them ready for the airshow season. The team will perform in 9 countries in Europe in 17 shows.

Here a little cartoon that was made, with Dark Falcon loaded with a light sabre !

360.jpg

Nic

Ow; Yes Jack, if all goes well, I'll be on the flight to make a couple of photos! 

wow, what kind of "photo-ship" will be used??? you might be in for a back seat ride in a Falcon???????

Those kind if rides are almost never granted. I wish, but that isn't going to happen I'm afraid. However, we have a C-130 ready for some photographers, which is really really cool too! I guess that if I was in a back-seat, I probably wouldn't be able to make a photo anyway. Way too excited to make a decent shot.

And after the, I really need to get started on the 1/32 kit. Needs to be the best I've ever done !

Nic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This weekend, the Dark Falcon made its first public appearance at the air show at RAF Cosford. What a great show it was! And on top of that, the aircraft was awarded "Best Presented Aircraft" for the most eye-catching colour scheme and best presentation at RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 !

Now, isn't that something? Here's another shot of the jet!

540.jpg

Nic

Hopefully shall see this beautiful aeroplane at Yeovilton airshow in 4 weeks time. Alongside the equally impressive Canadian Hornet it is shaping up to be a special day.

Congratulations on a very special scheme, you should be very proud.