Revell 1/32 Tornado ECR

Beany

Not so much a shelf of doom as a shed of doom! Do I have any started but stalled builds in 1/32 and above - er, yeah, just a few. The Tornado ECR will be a good one to finish as it will bulk out the display table at SMW in November if needs be. I must have started it 6 or 7 years ago as I have pictures of it on another forum as a WIP way back then. I guess it would be a WISP now - Work Still In Progress (or Work Stalled In Progress).

Once the ECR is finished I will get stuck into one of the others on the table (and they're just the ones I had to hand - there are at least 3 started Airfix 1/24th Harriers lurking somewhere in the loft.

DSCF6243_zpsyruxdqhg.jpg

DSCF6244_zpskgapy3qp.jpg

DSCF6245_zpsfrs54exj.jpg

Cheers

Al.

Why is that 109 split in halv?

That is where I fitted an integral battery holder used to power the original type Airfix prop motor so it could stand on its wheels with the motor running and no wires on show anywhere.

The idea was that the tail just clipped back into place after turning the motor switch on or replacing the battery.

Not so much a shelf of doom as a shed of doom! Do I have any started but stalled builds in 1/32 and above - er, yeah, just a few. The Tornado ECR will be a good one to finish as it will bulk out the display table at SMW in November if needs be. I must have started it 6 or 7 years ago as I have pictures of it on another forum as a WIP way back then. I guess it would be a WISP now - Work Still In Progress (or Work Stalled In Progress).

Once the ECR is finished I will get stuck into one of the others on the table (and they're just the ones I had to hand - there are at least 3 started Airfix 1/24th Harriers lurking somewhere in the loft.

DSCF6243_zpsyruxdqhg.jpg

DSCF6244_zpskgapy3qp.jpg

DSCF6245_zpsfrs54exj.jpg

Cheers

Al.

Damn! You're worse than I am. LOL

Edited by Mr Matt Foley

Forgive a modern jet ignorant... which one is it (two tornado's there, right?) ?

The ECR is the grey one in the Tiger Stripes Thomas. The other (brown) one was intended to be in Saudi markings based on photos I took of one I saw at Farnborough Airshow back in the 90s - that's how long it takes me to finish a build - decades!!