68 replies to this topic

#61 cbk57

cbk57

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:20 PM

This is a private forum, freedom of speech has very little application here.  In fact one of the  qualities that maintains civility on this forum is that a thread may be locked a user blocked or otherwise disciplined.  There are lots of places where there is unlimited freedom of speech.  The level of civility is also very low on those sites.  I have been cautions many times to not tread too far into a political or possibly offensive comment on this site as my political views would not align with most or many forum members.  For the same reason, I don't want to hear the political views of other forum members on this site.  Lets talk models, be friends and talk about other things elsewhere.  Let's be civil and respectful.  Once of the things that makes this site great is that I feel as a rule we treat each other with respect and courtesy.  

Edited by cbk57, 20 May 2018 - 11:23 PM.

• LSP_Matt, LSP_Paul, Martinnfb and 6 others like this

#62 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,633 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:30 PM

Ernie, we've seen your posts on the Kittyhawk Facebook page, it's certainly time to move on.

Hey Ernie what are you doing posting on the Kitty Hawk police Department Facebook..

Have you joined MY GANG?

:unsure:

Res Non Verba .

La calma è la virtù dei forti !

Potius Mori quam foedari.

#63 LSP_Ron

LSP_Ron

• LSP Moderator
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:51 PM

Guess what I did today?

My wife is traveling.  I read this thread and shock my head and went to the hobby room.  I spent the entire afternoon building even though it's one of the nicest days we've had all year, but  I loved every minute of it.....

I answer to Kev and Matty here, as soon as they think I'm off side with my moderating I'll (not gladly) step down.

Ron

• dmthamade, LSP_Matt, Martinnfb and 4 others like this

Ron

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Douglas Adams

When I die, I'll be on time

#64 LSP_Paul

LSP_Paul

• LSP Moderator
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:56 PM

Hey Ernie what are you doing posting on the Kitty Hawk police Department Facebook..

Have you joined MY GANG?

:unsure:

Maru,

I am sure you meant the Kittyhawk models Facebook Page, LSP Staff did.

#65 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,071 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:01 AM

Ernie, we've seen your posts on the Kittyhawk Facebook page, it's certainly time to move on.

And then you know that what is said in a private group between private parties joking around with each other is private.
  • harvey, Jeff and STWilliams like this
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker

#66 LSP_Ron

LSP_Ron

• LSP Moderator
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:04 AM

Ok

I'm the bad guy again.  I guess this is censorship?  or is it keeping LSP.....LSP?

You be the judge.

Ron

Ron

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Douglas Adams

When I die, I'll be on time

#67 Iain (32SIG)

Iain (32SIG)

• LSP Moderator
  • 7,595 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:17 AM

Ernie - stop right there mate.

Stick to building models please - absolutely fed up with you playing games, playing people, and then playing the innocent - and we end up picking up the pieces (again).

Today (Sunday) was my wedding anniversary - I spent most of it dealing with this...

Iain

• Tony T, LSP_Paul, LSP_Ron and 6 others like this

1280-4.jpg

Iain Ogilvie - http://www.aeronut.co.uk

#68 Iain (32SIG)

Iain (32SIG)

• LSP Moderator
  • 7,595 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:28 AM

Sorry everyone - but staff are human too!

Iain

• LSP_Paul, LSP_Ron, Martinnfb and 1 other like this

1280-4.jpg

Iain Ogilvie - http://www.aeronut.co.uk

#69 LSP_Matt

LSP_Matt

• Administrator
  • 9,179 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:49 AM

Guys, staff work hard to pre-empt topics or content that is likely to cause problems.

We implicitly understand such assessments rely on moderator judgement. That judgement is motivated and guided by an overarching commitment to a peaceful and civil website for the benefit of the membership. We also collectively discuss these issues as staff to ensure we're not being too hasty or overly sensitive. Debate is normal but our decisions are always taken with a focus on insisting that the culture we have in our community of modellers is maintained.

The best moderation on LSP is both self-moderation or simply being amenable to altering something if requested by a moderator. Optimum self-moderation is considerate of the impact controversial topics on our modelling community or in the way criticism/feedback is communicated to members.

We've always understood that the culture at LSP and it's decisions in moderating will never please everyone. Luckily, in 2018 there are countless other platforms and social media whereby anyone feeling overly constrained by LSP's culture, can have their say on those platforms. 

Cheers Matty

• Iain (32SIG), johncrow, dmthamade and 12 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users