ICM I-153 "Chaika" Early Conversion 1:32

shadowmare

Hi,

i started new ICM kit of this lovely biplane. I decided to convert it to early version - with other type of spinner similar to I-16. My choice of painting is red 29:

i153-m62-early-red29.jpg

but I can't find any photo of it : / Maybe you can help me? If i won't find it, alternative scheme is this one, with existing photographs:

spaghetti8-profsx-r.jpg

uc6Inji.jpg

KAQAuK7.jpg

W23WKSF.jpg

XPTnrxL.jpg

kgoHhOg.jpg

Engine is not a good side of kit, it looks like scaled 1:72 element, but it won't be visible much under engine cover. Wheel bays are unfortunately empty, maybe i scratch something there. Despite these disadvantages, kit is coming together very nicely and fast. ICM did great job! 

It looks like the detail is nice, that's for sure.

I guess this means my Silver Wings kit is now pretty much passe.

But hey, I paid the money so I'm building it.

:)

SW kit is better in therms of details - better cockpit, wheel bays, engine, inlets closing plate and other things. But SW is discontinuing further production of this kit. I don't like to work with resin so i bought this one. It has a significantly lower price too.

Cockpit is finished, I added wires and seatbelts. 

2ORHEEz.jpg

BxwPiBn.jpg

LKCvYY9.jpg

Engine is done too.I replaced kit exhaust with my own made from soldering wire - it is a good material for this kind of work, flexible (but not too much) and easy to drill.

vgYaAUY.jpg

V8iTQrg.jpg

zP9hFGP.jpg

I made few tweaks to engine cover:

2m3vY4I.jpg

Unfortunately after looking long time for photo of red 29 i found that high possibility that this is fictional scheme. So i ordered masks for red 8 with green lines.

jd8SJYf.jpg