Next Group Build, starting June 1st will be...

BradG

drum-roll please........................... as we have reached the minimum number of committed builders....

In the Pale Moonlight, for aircraft that were primarily engaged in night operations. Thus, not just night fighters are welcome, but strike and bombers who operated at night. If there are any questions just ask. Group Build will start on June 1st, after 'Colour My World Blue' finishes up, so you guys still have a month to finish off your builds and get together your next kit! Finish date will be December 31st, so an extra month as there are a few conversions that are being built.

Below are the members who've put their hands up to build, however, the more the merrier, so if you'd like to join in the fun, please do.

Mozart - Bf 110G-4 with AIMS conversion and/or Mosquito Mk II NF
Dukie99 - Black Widow
Jan_G - Ta 154
1to1scale - various
chrish - Bf 110G-4 with AIMS conversion.
Vandy 1 VX 4 with TBA.
mark31 - Heinkel 219
Erwin - Me 262B
reconspit - Ju 88A with AIMS G-1 conversion.
Wackyracer - TBA something Germanic.
Shawn M -TBD something Luftwaffe.
monthebiff - Bf 110G or E.
Brent - Morane Parasol
Nicholas R Larson - Heinkel 219

I will do my MH-47G of 160th SOAR Nightstalkers. I initially thought of the Black Widow but I need to finish my B-25 first and I have so much appetite for large twin engines WW2 aircraft, so I will save the P-61 for later.

Cheers,

David

Rats.....   :(

My HobbyBoss P-61 is at least 50% done....   

Stefan  :)

Haha.........my 110 G-4 is about 75% done so never mind, I can still squeeze a few pictures in here and there though I'm sure!

Regards. Andy

While I'm deciding which twin engined night fighter to build my first entry for this group build will be a WnW SE 5a night fighter........something quite small and easy to begin with. For my main build I am thinking eithier a 110 E or maybe cracking open anither one of my Ju 88's  :hmmm:

Lots of cool builds planned by varoius memers though, looking foward to this one.

Regards. Andy

Nice concept and title. I will get back to the group. The last three GB I was unable to even get started. Commitment seems to be a jinks. Also I have such a backlog of kits from years I want to finished. My two night fighters are way beyond 25%. If I do something it could be a Huricane or a Boulton Paul.

Rick

A question for the moderator....

What about a jet configured for 'night ops' with the addition of a LANTIRN Pod (AN/AAQ-13) ?

Such as flown on an F-15E or F-16?

Would that be In or Out ?

Scott

I was waiting for this question while I was considering the answer lol. I'd say out at this stage, just because the GB is centered around aircraft or aircraft flown as a part of a squadron/unit dedicated to night fighting, where with the LANTIRN pod, you can hang it off any old F-15 to fly a night mission. However if you built an F-15 with LANTIRN that was a part of a dedicated night fighting unit (not sure if the USAF still has these) then it would qualify. That's why I say Helicopters of the 160th SOAR are in, but a standard Blackhawk, although it can fly at night, isn't.