F-84E Thunderjet

bigsteve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, sorry for the delay in coming back to everyone, had to catch up with a few jobs around the house but did manage to get back in the workshop today and get some bits painted here are a few pictures feel free to comment good or bad.

Regards Steve.K

image_zpskx7xsub0.jpg

image_zpsy5wqbvwz.jpg

image_zpsmk4bcidu.jpg

Nice work Steve!!

Great progress as well.

Looking forward to more!

Teresa :-)

Hi Teresa, thanks for the kind comments, much appreciated. Managed to do some more painting today try and get some more pictures tomorrow.

Noted you were doing an 84G, got one of these to build as well this one has a big ed set with it so I'm looking forward to that build. Got to tell you the fit of these kits are some of the best I've ever come across so I recon you'll really enjoy the build.

Regards Steve.

Lookin Good Steve,

Gee I just wrote that about another Thunderjet  build,  Sorry......Ladies First.

When I build mine I did some work on the gunsight as the kits need it  and some extra detail on the deck under the canopy.

She does go together nice though

watch'in you

Jack

Ya Gonna Foil It???

Lookin Good Steve,

Gee I just wrote that about another Thunderjet  build,  Sorry......Ladies First.

When I build mine I did some work on the gunsight as the kits need it  and some extra detail on the deck under the canopy.

She does go together nice though

watch'in you

Jack

Ya Gonna Foil It???

sorry mate I'm not a gluten for punishment as good as it looks I'll use Alclad 2 I think it's a superb paint to use.

Steve.

Edited by LSP_Kevin

Steve, looks great! The only thing I noticed is that you followed the instructions for the gear bay interior color. They should actually be Chromate Yellow per Republic practices at the time..

f-84G_20.JPG

If you can catch it before you install them it will be easier to fix prior to installing them. Hope this helps. 

Keep up the fantastic work mate! 

Paul 

Steve, looks great! The only thing I noticed is that you followed the instructions for the gear bay interior color. They should actually be Chromate Yellow per Republic practices at the time..

f-84G_20.JPG

If you can catch it before you install them it will be easier to fix prior to installing them. Hope this helps. 

Keep up the fantastic work mate! 

Paul 

Thanks Paul, your right I just followed the instructions which said to use interior green so like a plonker I did I'll get that changed today while I can.

Thanks again mate, regards Steve.

Great job on your cockpit Steve!!  :thumbsup:

Keep up the great work!

Teresa  :)

Thanks Teresa, I have to admit I am enjoying the build so far and thank god Paul noticed I'd followed the instructions and painted the wheel wells interior green and he kindly told me that it should be chromate yellow so I got these repainted before I did anything else, I'll get some more pictures taken so you can see the progress.

Regards Steve.