Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

FYI, Glen (Kitty Hawk) advises that the 1/32 F-5E is indeed coming in March barring any logistics problems. He also mentioned that the Su-17 Fitter kit sold out before they even left China. What you see is all we get until they can do a second production run. 

Good news indeed, on both counts.

Ethiopian Air Force decals please!

How many US pilots downed 5 Migs in a war?

EtAF Lagesse Teferre did so with his F-5E over Ogaden against the Somalian Air Force, Shooting down 2 Mig-17, 2 Mig-21, had a shared victory and caused a mid-air collision of 2 Mig-21 in a dogfight...

The true Mig killer.

Regards

- dutik

Impressive! Although I think Steve Ritchie, Robin Olds (USAF) and Randy Cunningham (USN) also achieved ace status in Vietnam.... Please don't quote me on that though, I could be wrong and it's way too late to go digging through my refs. :D!

Either way, I am happy as Larry about the F-5E, just hope they produce an F-5F as well..... 

Impressive! Although I think Steve Ritchie, Robin Olds (USAF) and Randy Cunningham (USN) also achieved ace status in Vietnam.... Please don't quote me on that though, I could be wrong and it's way too late to go digging through my refs. :D!

Either way, I am happy as Larry about the F-5E, just hope they produce an F-5F as well.....

Don't forget Willie Driscoll.

Dan

Close. Olds scored only four times in the Nam.

Still outpaced by Teferre with 6 1/2 observed kills (4 1/2 officially accepted). All the Ethiopian F-5 pilots were trained by the US Air Force in Arizona, btw.

March? Could be here in Europe for my birthday. Would make a nice addition to the cabinet.

Regards

- dutik

I saw this announcement over at Cyber Modeler too, and couldn't believe my eyes :D  I've been waiting for a new tool F-5E/F for a long, long time now. The Hasegawa E has held up well over the years, but by the time I add a resin cockpit to it, and re-scribe it, it turns into a very time consuming project, and free time is something that I just don't have a lot of these days. It would be nice to turn out an aggressor in a few months, instead of a few years!

And Kitty Hawk..... you MUST (I beg you!) do an F-5F as well. There's never been one in 32nd scale before. If KH does a good job with the kit, they'll sell me 15+ kits... no joke. There's a ton of aggressors that I want to do! And the potential for decals...... wow! Fred K.

Ethiopian Air Force decals please!

How many US pilots downed 5 Migs in a war?

EtAF Lagesse Teferre did so with his F-5E over Ogaden against the Somalian Air Force, Shooting down 2 Mig-17, 2 Mig-21, had a shared victory and caused a mid-air collision of 2 Mig-21 in a dogfight...

The true Mig killer.

Regards

- dutik

Interesting..... where did you come across this info? Everything that I've ever read was that it was their F-5A's that we're responsible for the Somali MiG kills. You have my attention ;0) Fred K.

If memory serves me correctly, Capt. Jeffery Feinstein got five kills in Vietnam as well as a RIO. Col. Olds got four, but reportedly let someone else have number five on more than one occasion. So I've read anyway..... Fred K.

Interesting..... where did you come across this info? Everything that I've ever read was that it was their F-5A's that we're responsible for the Somali MiG kills. You have my attention ;0) Fred K.

Tom Cooper digs thankfully through the known and unknown wars in that part of the world. His book "Wings over Ogaden", number 18 of the Africa@war series, is an interesting read. I guess there is no other book telling the history of an air forces that mentions the beginning of the Homo sapiens...

Well, the EtAF mustered both F-5A and F-5Es and utilized both in aerial combat, but the E was wired for the Sidewinder, the A not. Not to forget that the A was developed for close air support as main task, while the E was focused on air-to-air combat and a better dogfighter in all aspects. So the major part of airial combat was given to the Es and they scored well...

Regards

- dutik

I saw this announcement over at Cyber Modeler too, and couldn't believe my eyes :D  I've been waiting for a new tool F-5E/F for a long, long time now. The Hasegawa E has held up well over the years, but by the time I add a resin cockpit to it, and re-scribe it, it turns into a very time consuming project, and free time is something that I just don't have a lot of these days. It would be nice to turn out an aggressor in a few months, instead of a few years!

And Kitty Hawk..... you MUST (I beg you!) do an F-5F as well. There's never been one in 32nd scale before. If KH does a good job with the kit, they'll sell me 15+ kits... no joke. There's a ton of aggressors that I want to do! And the potential for decals...... wow! Fred K.

Making me wonder what is happening at Tan Model with their 1/32 T-38 Talon and F-5A/B Freedom Fighter.

Have been hankering after a Norwegian RF-5A for some time.

Tony