B-17G Little Miss Mischief

Uncarina

Looking great Tom! Moving Right Along :-)

Any thought to opening up the ball turret to see the insides? I have some ideas if you're interested...

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Dennis, thanks! I honestly hadn't thought about opening this—but I wouldn't rule it out! Any insights about this would be great.

Cheers, Tom

Looks awesome Tom .

It looks like you will finish that beast before I could roll out my small Viper. Did you use the kit O2 tanks or aftermarket items?

Cheers Kai

Kai, thanks! I really like what you've been doing with this AND the Viper build! I contemplated using the Master Details tanks, but only used the small ones since the kit doesn't provide these and I didnt't see enough of a difference with the larger ones and the kit counterparts. Maybe for the F build!

Cheers, Tom

Would anyone have a period reference photo of the rear cockpit bulkhead (part L3)? I'd like to figure out the colors for part M26 that attaches to this. Also, was the instrument panel coaming black or dark dull green?

Thanks! Tom

Edited by Uncarina

Awesome!! I love your Cockpit.

I hate you...because I can`t get away from your B-17 WIP topic and during the last few days I was thinking more and more about my B-17 and the following steps instead of keeping an eye on my Viper build. This B-17 topic is pure fun to watch.

Ok Kai...don`t go back to the B-17 before you finish the Viper!!! ...don`t go back to the B-17 before you finish the Viper!!!

Oh hey look...Tom posted another B-17 image...hahaha.

Again...this is pure fun to watch.

Cheers Kai

Guest Peterpools

Tom

Absolutely brilliant work on the front office - just amazing attention to detail. Just finished watching Twelve O'Clock High and now your build - all that is missing is General Savage strapped into the left seat.

Keep ‘em Comin

Peter

Awesome!! I love your Cockpit.

I hate you...because I can`t get away from your B-17 WIP topic and during the last few days I was thinking more and more about my B-17 and the following steps instead of keeping an eye on my Viper build. This B-17 topic is pure fun to watch.

Ok Kai...don`t go back to the B-17 before you finish the Viper!!! ...don`t go back to the B-17 before you finish the Viper!!!

Oh hey look...Tom posted another B-17 image...hahaha.

Again...this is pure fun to watch.

Cheers Kai

Kai, come back, you know you want to! Seriously, your input and the work you've put in to your build have been a big inspiration for me, so thank you!

Cheers, tom

Tom

Absolutely brilliant work on the front office - just amazing attention to detail. Just finished watching Twelve O'Clock High and now your build - all that is missing is General Savage strapped into the left seat.

Keep ‘em Comin

Peter

Peter, you are extremely kind! Your support is very appreciated. I really need to see that movie; right now I'm reading “Masters of the Air†by Donald Miller, and I highly recommend it.

Cheers, Tom

Kai, come back, you know you want to! Seriously, your input and the work you've put in to your build have been a big inspiration for me, so thank you!

Cheers, tom

Hahaha...yes, I want to go back to the 17. But I have to be stronge. I have to finish the Viper first.

But anyway...if I would start my B-17 again, I would never hold your speed. So within a few days our B-17 build would be miles apart.

I have no idea how you could hold that speed without loosing quality.

Cheers Kai

Kai,

I've been fortunate to have an unusually flexible schedule thes days, so I don't usually have this much time, and I wanted to build momentum before I no longer have as much time. In any case, thanks again! I now back in the front, and am going back to your build photos for reference.

Cheers, Tom