Revell Fw 190F-8

LSP_K2

Just looking over the airscale instruments for this effort, and I must say they're most impressive. I'm waiting for some clear paint to show up, so that I can clear coat all of the ''pit parts, and decal the IP, then wrap up the basic air-frame construction.

wPVVmB.jpg

7sGF9s.jpg

I have no idea why it took me so long to figure this out, but I have two Hasegawa '190's here (A-8 and F-8), so I'm just going to rob a gunsight from one of them. It really surprises me that I didn't think of this before now.

OK, ‘pit now (finally) clear coated, washed, instruments (the airscale decals were a real letdown here) and gun sight added to IP, dull coated and installed. Engine, wings, and remaining cowl pieces can now be attached. (I may actually finish this thing yet.)

PYM3pu.jpg

All things considered, wing root joints really are quite nice. Because I added the wing uppers first (instructions would have you add them after attaching fuselage to lower wing), I had to completely shave off one of the fuselage wing support lips, in order for fuselage to drop into place. The 'pit is so snug, that squeezing the fuselage sides in, is not really an option.

bHMFd4.jpg

what issues did you have with the Airscale decals?

I used 'em on my big George and found them a real treat to use

They were all too big, Shawn. They seem to almost immediately release after dipping in water, and the fact that they didn't fit worth a darn, probably has more to do with the Revell IP's than the decal themselves; still a disappointment though, but not a rip on the product itself.

Thinned louvers are nice touch Kevin , looking good  :m0152:

Thanks, Martin. Over the last few days, I find myself "at the bench", a lot more than usual, which is a great thing for me. The clock is ticking, and I really want this (and at least one other) finished for a show here in September.

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Super progress for sure. The replacement seat with the belts looks great and the engine with the washes popped to life. Also, nice work on the louvers ... it's the little touches that really add up in the end

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Looking good K2.................................I desperately need to get back to the bench, if only just to clean it and get some sanity back. 

As you might imagine, the last few days have seen an increase in working on stuff, and a decrease in time spent here.

Interesting idea of assembling the power egg cowling separately . Looking forward to the result. Also Kevin I forgot to ask , did you choose you camouflage/marking yet? 

Cheers

M.

I thought it was a good idea too, but discovered last night that it may be better to follow the instructions after all, as there are raised ribs inside the cowl pieces that capture positioning rings around the engine. If built as one solid unit, fitting them would be near impossible. I caught it in time, as I was considering the function of the raised ribs last night and realized what they were actually for. Grinding them off first might be an option though.

As to the chosen scheme, yes, it's depicted here, on post #2.

Fit here is not the greatest (probably my fault), but by using one of my 20" bar clamps (they're all I could find), all parts now align pretty well. I anticipate a minor problem with the lower panels, as I failed to get a really good fit at the wing roots (again, probably my fault), but I believe I have a solution for that, if indeed there is a genuine problem there.

2bgTF9.jpg