Dragon/ AIMS 1/32 Messerschmitt BF110 G-4 2Z+GB Stab 1./NJG6..........Finished!!

monthebiff

Been thinking about the outer framing of the rear canopy and how to replcate the screw detail, so I have been playing around with an old canopy, first I tried using strips of decals but finding them just to  fragile. I then tought about trying some Aviattic fabric decals as the decal film is so robust and takes an aweful lot of hammer before they will break up.

First up standard waterslide decal 

20180428_153935.jpg

And then the Aviattic decal film

20180428_153929.jpg

I need to dip it in future and seal and then try masking and painting to see how it turns out but with a some more practice I think I may be on to something

with this method? 

Regards. Andy

• 3 months later...

So after getting myself pretty bogged down trying to replicate the outer framing on the rear vac canopy I lost my inteerst in the build for a little while. I then saw John was offering a resin canopy and so then I had to ponder a little more on what to do. I the end I stuck with my original vac part I cut out very early in the build and which I have added internal frame work in to and after some careful masking I had this.

20180811_150233.jpg

Next up I painted the MG 81 ready for installation.

20180813_154953.jpg

Andthen finally fitted the rear vac canopy.

20180813_163843.jpg

20180813_163901.jpg

20180813_163911.jpg

Also pretty happy with how the internal framing is looking now the rear canopy is fitted and well worth the effort.

20180813_163931.jpg

Time for some very careful masking now but I prefer to build this way instead of trying to add lots of parts at the end and risking spoiling a paint finish with spilt glue!

Really happy to be back to this build and can see light at the end of the tunnel now and looking foward to getting some paint out.

Regards. Andy

Brilliant Andy, well done.  I can understand your frustration with the aft section and the subsequent loss of motivation, been there many times but you've triumphed in real style.  Me?  I'm just delighted that John is making a resin part available!!  Push on now, the end is in sight. :)

Thank you all for your kind comments of encouregment, just so pleased to get back to this buid again and enjoying again. Busy week again but made a little more progress with the drop tanks complete.

20180811_135312.jpg

A fairly tricky job getting holes drilled, frames fitted and everything all lined up. Just need to get the clear parts on the wings masked now.

Regards. Andy

Major step taken today on this build with everything masked up followed by final assembly of all major sub assemblies.

20180825_161516.jpg

20180825_161626.jpg

20180825_161527.jpg

20180825_161732.jpg

Next up a light coat of primer to check for imperfections and then time for some colour. Happy days!!

Regards. Andy