Rules of the Road

LSP_Kevin

Hi Kev,

I like to enter the GB with a Matchbox Dauntless,

I have it in a bag in a big box, partly filled with started kits, which belonged to a friend of mine.

The Dauntless is one of them: wing sections and parts of the fuselage have been glued together.

The outer wing sections have been partly sanded.

It is almost complete, only the crew is missing:

31166166941_97caa4de0f_c.jpg

Another friend has a spare Matchbox Dauntless crew, required to fill the bare cockpit.

The plan is to build it AOOB: a rescribe of the few panel lines and partly boxed-in wheel wells.

I think it is less than 25% complete so it qualifies for the GB.

If you agree I will start a thread.

Cheers,

Peter

Hi Kevin,

I'm currently working on an F4B-4 for this group build, but as I'm sure lots of us do when participating, we look at our stash and find other kits that we would like to add to the mix.

I came across several older kits, but one that strikes my fancy for after the Boeing is an Echelon Hawker Hunter vacuform.  The only problem as far as I see is that it seems to have been released in 1987.

Your call, and as I said I have several other kits that meet the age criteria, but just thought I would ask.

Thanks,

Ted Barrett

Hi Ted,

I think 1987 is just a bit too far off the cut-off point to quality, to be honest. Sorry!

I notice that our Kit Database doesn't have release dates for any of the Echelon kits, and I'm having trouble finding any. Does your kit have a release date on it anywhere?

Kev

Hi Kev,

One of the instruction sheets in the kit is clearly dated 1987 so the kit has to have been released, I think, no earlier than 1987.  I will still build the kit as it has the early wing and decals for a black and yellow striped Suez Crisis aircraft.  I just won't build it for this group build.  No harm in asking.

I have four Revell kits that meet the 1984 date criteria:  a Tony, a mid-wing George, Bob Hoover's yellow airshow Mustang and the Miss America racing Mustang, plus I also came across a Gee Bee R-1/R-2 and P-35 from Williams Bros both of which I am pretty sure came out prior to 1984.

If you have a change of mind about the Echelon Hunter, you can let me know, but first I need to finish my Boeing F4B-4!

Talk to you soon,

Ted