Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

I would prefer to see an F-5A or D (or CF-116A or D more correctly :)) , and hopefully Tanmodel will come through.

Some sexy French aircraft would be nice though! The Mirage 2000, F1 or Rafale.

Seems like if TanModel can get their production up and running in line with their release list, they are aiming to fill some much needed holes in the LSP market

It's always fun speculating, isn't it? At the end, I think that no matter what kit they bring, many of us will probably get one.

I can get interested in probably any aircraft. A couple of years ago, if you would have told me that I'd be building a 1/32 Kingfisher or T-28, I'd probably wouldn't have believed it. And something tells me I'm not alone in that. And so far, I can keep up building them. 

Jaguar, F-5 or Mirage 2000, I can get inspired by all of them!

Nic

A quick look at the number of reboxings that AFV club have done already with the F-5E and F all of which are either sold out or difficult to find would indicate an F-5E would easily outsell a Mirage 2000.

Now I like the Mirage 2000 and will buy a two seater but single seater Mirages for me IS the IIIE.

Now the multitude of Aggressors to buy and build for the F-5E alone would fill a shelf at home.

F-5E equals a license to print money just look at how AFV club keep reboxing it with different decals every 12 months.

Cha Ching....

Nope. World wide. The F-5 family would outsell a Mirage 2000 anywhere in the world other than maybe France. It's a matter of numbers. The F-5E/F has been around for going on 50 years, has flown with dozens and dozens of air forces, in a staggering variety of colors. You can't say any of those things about the Mirage 2000.

Honestly, I like the Mirage and couldn't care less about the F-5.  So there ya go. I care even less about which would sell more in other parts of the world. 

Honestly, I like the Mirage and couldn't care less about the F-5.  So there ya go. I care even less about which would sell more in other parts of the world. 

I have to agree. I buy aircraft models because I like the subject, not because of how many air forces have flown them, but that's just me. I did have one of the Hasegawa boxings of the F-5 (E, as I recall), but eventually sold it off, along with the Black Box 'pit for it, as I realized I'd never build it. From what I've heard here and elsewhere though, I have no doubts that the little Freedom Fighter would sell well.

Guest Smitty44

Oh come on Brian, I know you want to build the daunted MIG38 from Top Gun.

I wish Kitty Hawk will bring on both the Mirage and the F-5 and sell them well. I am interested in the Mirage, but not for this year. A F-5 would push my buttons immediatly - I had planned the money for March, but because there is no F-5 on the shelves I went for Verlindens Monitor turret.

And I hold my fingers crossed that good sales - regardless of the Mirage, the F-5 or both - will enable Kitty Hawk to go on with the large twin they planned to do in the near future. Lets wish Good luck to both KH and me!

Regards

- dutik

So, it was due March, then cancelled, now later - or more likely never.

Is this incompetence or just plain @rsing around? It's not good for Kitty Hawk's reputation. To make matters worse, Farcebook has become the alleged fount of wisdom (and I, along with other grown ups, long gave up on that kiddy site).

Tony

edited to correct incorrect autoassumptive keyboard

Edited by Tony T

Guest Smitty44

So, it was due March, then cancelled, now later - or more likely never.

Is this incompetence or just plain @rsing around? It's not good for Kitty Hawk's reputation. To make matters worse, Farcebook has become the alleged fount of wisdom (and I, along with other grown ups, long gave up on that kiddy site).

Tony

edited to correct incorrect autoassumptive keyboard

I dont think anything is confirmed either way, and actually I never saw anything from Glen regarding an F-5 at all except a picture he posted long ago.

I dont think anything is confirmed either way, and actually I never saw anything from Glen regarding an F-5 at all except a picture he posted long ago.

Yes, I always suspected it was a bloated red herring.

If they were teasing just to gauge a response they've lost my support. I will buy the Mirage (unless that's all the box art is) and will treat the Jaguar as a pleasant surprise if/when/ever it might happen.

Tony