New HpH DC-3 Pics up!!

Guest Maxim

I'm certainly no expert but somehow the cockpit windows / shape of the nose seem a bit off to me.

Love the raised rivets. When Kittyhawk released their large scale AH-6 helo, I took some grief on other sites for complaining about their decision to use inverted “dimples†to replicate raised rivets. I felt it completely spoiled the look of the helo. Glad to see someone out there feels the same way.

Guest Clunkmeister

John, I actually agreed with KH's decision to go that route. When Floyd Werner and Glen Coleman explained why, it made perfect sense to me. As a mainstream IM model, the AH-6 will sell by the thousands to not only us, but also less skilled modelers. The dimpled rivets will look good from 3 ft away under camo and nicely weathered.

The DC-3 on the other hand, may sell 2-300 copies and be built by the 10's.  And all will be built be experienced builders, none of which will butcher the surface, and if they do, will have the skill set to replace the raised rivets.

John, I actually agreed with KH's decision to go that route. When Floyd Werner and Glen Coleman explained why, it made perfect sense to me. As a mainstream IM model, the AH-6 will sell by the thousands to not only us, but also less skilled modelers. The dimpled rivets will look good from 3 ft away under camo and nicely weathered.

The DC-3 on the other hand, may sell 2-300 copies and be built by the 10's. And all will be built be experienced builders, none of which will butcher the surface, and if they do, will have the skill set to replace the raised rivets.

I hear you Clunk. I get KH's reasons, just really like how those rivets add character to aircraft.

I'll never own one of these (just not enough passion for the subject to justify the cost) but after following T.A.B.'s progress on line there's no way if I had one of these that I couldn't do it as TAB.

Really neat to see one of these come together, but with it's price point, and knowing HpH kits intimately as I do, I don't foresee too many ongoing WIPs.

I still have yet to see another F7F WIP either, but I'm sure there will be people buying the C-47, but depending on if there are any F7F-like flubbs in the kit, the actual builds may be fewer and farther between

Looks like "That's all Brother" has the larger side window like the kit, but the one in the Smithsonian seems to have a smaller side window.  Does anyone know if there was a change during production, or if that's a restomod?

Matt 

Looks like "That's all Brother" has the larger side window like the kit, but the one in the Smithsonian seems to have a smaller side window. Does anyone know if there was a change during production, or if that's a restomod?

Matt

As far as I know TAB was redone to it's original non-resto configurarion, I'm thinking if it's on TAB now, it probably was on the original military configuration.

Guest Maxim

I'll never own one of these (just not enough passion for the subject to justify the cost) but after following T.A.B.'s progress on line there's no way if I had one of these that I couldn't do it as TAB.

Really neat to see one of these come together, but with it's price point, and knowing HpH kits intimately as I do, I don't foresee too many ongoing WIPs.

I still have yet to see another F7F WIP either, but I'm sure there will be people buying the C-47, but depending on if there are any F7F-like flubbs in the kit, the actual builds may be fewer and farther between

I'd buy a Tigercat in a heartbeat if I could build an F7F-3N.I just prefer that version more. If HpH do a conversion set I'm in.

Guest Smitty44

As far as I know TAB was redone to it's original non-resto configurarion, I'm thinking if it's on TAB now, it probably was on the original military configuration.

You should follow her FB page. They have found a lot of original C-47 stuff, but they need to locate the larger air scoops for the tops of the engine cowlings right now. They actually have put an APB out on them.

Guest Smitty44

Looks like "That's all Brother" has the larger side window like the kit, but the one in the Smithsonian seems to have a smaller side window.  Does anyone know if there was a change during production, or if that's a restomod?

1RrGQ65.jpg

You should follow her FB page. They have found a lot of original C-47 stuff, but they need to locate the larger air scoops for the tops of the engine cowlings right now. They actually have put an APB out on them.

Have been since her first flight!   I love it when they go live 

• 3 weeks later...

The wait (in my case) just adds to the anticipation, like I'm 12 years old a week before Christmas all over again! Kind of like watching the WIPs and not seeing progress on a certain subject, I keep checking in on them though.