1/32 IL-2 Sturmovik (white 9)

David Mooney

Great job David!!!

I'm planning to try for the first time this white winter camo on an old Revell 1/32 Hurricane, with VVS insignia. Just a question, how did you realize that bronwnish along panel lines? Is it post shading with the airbrush or a wash by brush or what else? I think that this brown "touch" is great.

Thank you very much

Enrico

Guest Clunkmeister

I love these. The always remind me of a field tractor..

Awesome job sir!

Edited by Clunkmeister

Great job David!!!

I'm planning to try for the first time this white winter camo on an old Revell 1/32 Hurricane, with VVS insignia. Just a question, how did you realize that bronwnish along panel lines? Is it post shading with the airbrush or a wash by brush or what else? I think that this brown "touch" is great.

Thank you very much

Enrico

Thanks for the comment Enrico, the brown panel shading was post-shading via the airbrush with some very thinned down Tamiya XF-64 Red brown. Its the first time I have tried this technique and it was quite nerve racking as it could have ruined the paint job, but it turned quite well in the end and I will use this technique again for sure. 

Many thanks to all that are and have commented on this build 

Guest Clunkmeister

Every time I see these built, I seriously want to build nothing but VVS stuff. I just love the history there. These guys and girls for the most part had crappy equipment yet took the war to the best Air Force in the world and drove them backwards back out of Russia.