Revell 1/32 Hawker Hunter FGA Mk9 In Brown & Green

TaffyMan

Nice model - great to see a Rhodie Hunter on LSP

hi 

amazing , unusual , a bit weird in this color , no roundels , no markings !!!!!??? I stay a bit surprised , but , what a nice job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alain

During the Rhodesian Bush War , which involved illegal incursions into neighbouring countries (Zambia etc) to bomb terrorist bases, Rhodesian aircraft were frequently devoid of any markings.....

pitty as they had a rather pretty roundel..

Edited by SinuheH

The brow finish suits it very well. This is one of the nicest Hunters out there, the level of detail is labor of love. Most impressive, thank you for sharing.

Cheers

Martin

Cheers - thanks mate 'labor of love' painful at times but got there in the end. :D

hi 

amazing , unusual , a bit weird in this color , no roundels , no markings !!!!!??? I stay a bit surprised , but , what a nice job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alain

Thanks Alain - glad you like her mate.

The Hunter looks far more menacing in camo....Great looking build....and refreshingly different.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Ta - William, all Hunters look nice to my eye. In fact when I did the Aluminum under coat I nearly changed direction and go for the Swiss version...... it was a close call!

Nice looking Hunter :goodjob:      What is funny for me is. I saw one flying this morning. then come home to check LSP  and another beautiful Hunter.

Cheers

Hummmmm in her natural environment....... the best place to see them!!! :thumbsup:

What a beautiful job! Well done. Two comments, on the use of the Sidewinder, the Rhodesians did have and carry them, both in South Africa for training, and in Rhodesia itself as a war load. There are photos on the interweb. As regards the lack of national markings, the camouflaged hunters carried the Dog and Bone Roundel for a while, and then for "plausible Deniability" these were removed for external raids. One wonders where the deniability was, as no one else in Southern Africa used Hunters..... Again, congratulations on a great build

Cheers mate sounds like I should of tapped you up for some info! I love the plausible deniability - sounds like a Monty Python scetch!!! :D  

Wow, like it was said before, that Hunter looks really menacing in these colors, great job.

Jack.

Thanks Jack - Yeah it has grown on me and I like it !!!

Very Nice!!!!  :goodjob:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Teresa  :)

Cheers Teresa - like the smileys :D

Great show!

Sincerely,

Mark

Ta very much Mark!

Superb,......it looks really nice in those Rhodesian colours! Another nice `minimalistic' scheme is the Omani Hunter.

Cheers

Tony

Tony it was on my list of possibilities - did like the camo wrap around, a nice different touch! 

Very nice.

Your build was the trigger that pushed me on the "dark side" and got me buying the whole set ... although I'll go for a bright coloured finish ;)

:goodjob: Taff !

Hubert

Cool Hubert - please don't blame me when you get to the tricky bits and good luck - I look forward to seeing her, what you doing one of the aerobatics or a raspberry ripple?

Thanks -  Taff :D

Nice model - great to see a Rhodie Hunter on LSP

During the Rhodesian Bush War , which involved illegal incursions into neighbouring countries (Zambia etc) to bomb terrorist bases, Rhodesian aircraft were frequently devoid of any markings.....

pist as they had a rather pretty roundel..

Cheers mate - Some of the bits I found in looking into her made interesting reading. Yeah I like the roundel its a nice design!

Indeed!    I like that very much.  I can understand why Taff left them off, but that golden lion does look neat on the Hunter:

ptID727.jpg

Cheers Brian - It was a close call to go with the markings or not - But with the immanent house move I had to go for it. Plus it was a challenge to make the surface interesting and she kind of looks mysterious being unmarked!

I saw this picture but wow she look really shiny - just out of the paint shop! But the Lion emblem looks pretty cool.

Boring? - I really don't think so, very nicely executed.

Ta - Glad I didn't bore you with to many pictures :D

Beautiful model TaffyMan and that weathering with dabs of oils was inspirational and brave. I wish I possessed your skills and courage !

First class, and unique.

Tony

Tony have a go just make sure you got a good seal on and use a good artist turps and be sparing with it...... a little bit will go a long way!

Cheers Taff :D

Very, very nice indeed! Great build and superb paint scheme!  :goodjob:

Cheers mate need to find a space on the shelf for her now!

Taff,

What a BEAUTIFULLY built and painted Hawker Hunter. :wub:

LOVELY ... SUPERB Hunter.. :wow: :yahoo: :thumbsup:

Jolly SPLENDID Looking Model.

BRAVO Taff.... :clap2: :bow:

Thanks Maru

Cheers Kev - Thanks for this it looks awesome! :thumbsup:

BAAAAAA BINGO!!!!!!!!!! KA-POW!!!!!!!! knocked out of the park, outstanding work

Ta! Glad you like her.

Happy Days - Taff :D

Wow  Taffyman that's a beautiful Hunter, I would see these Rhodesian Hunter on the rare occasion in Durban, South Africa when they used to fly down for navigation exercises (and occasional Canberra and Dakota too)

Here's a couple of photos of the Rhodesian Hunter installation that was done in South Africa.

Hunterwithsidewinder3_zpslgq6jtca.jpg​

Hunterwithsidewinder1_zpsrwsosn3g.jpg​

Edited by gregair