Piper PA-18 Super Cub

Smokey

Hey everyone. This was a great idea and hope lots of fellow modelers will join this Group Build as it limits what you can do. I still have my Mig-23 that I failed to finish due to the massive amouts of AM products and what I want to do with it. Will have to get back to it after I get this kit done for this Group Build. Just got this 1/32 kit. It will be fun to build this simple kit for the Almost OOB Group Build. I plan on building it with a pretty cool wild paint scheme and it looks like to only thing that needs a little TLC is the seats and the Instrument Panel. I have to apologize in advance for picutures since I am still in the cave man days and have my Canon A-1 for my primary camera. Yes I still haven't gotten into the digital camera world. I do have a cheap Nikon coolpix camera so will try and take pictures with it. Will post some pictures of my progress in the next day or two. Dan

It is a VERY nice little kit IMHO. I have the float ver PA-18 150, and thought about doing it right before my current project. Will be watching with interest, as it will be nice to see the kit come together.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a couple pictures hopefully they turn out the right size for here. They didn't turn out very good with the cheap little nikon coolpix camera I have. Will have to take pictures with my A-1 and wait for the film to get back to post some better pictures. Started the kit with the cockpit and only added a scratch built holder for maps on the one side. I know it doesn't show up very good. But it is the primer gray spot on the side wall. I did notice on airliner's.net that the pictures I did look at it doesn't seem like one has the same layout for IP Panel. Some don't have holder on the wall so kind of adding all the things I see into this one. Next is to rebuild the bad seats. Dan

pipercub.jpg

cockpit.jpg

Also for everyone here that posted the very excellent pictures what does everyone recommend for a digital camera???

I picked up one of Sonys new 16 mgp cybershot cameras. The list is at or right under 149, but I even managed to get mine on sale for 119.00

Sony-Cyber-Shot-DSC-W570-black-front1.jpg

Tiz a great little camera..............price is right, over 16 mgp, some really cool pic features, rechargable battery, and many storage card options including all non-proprietary and proprietary Sony cards.

Its not the worlds best camera, but with teh CZ lens, it can take great shots, and movies as well for a decent price