Hawker Typhoon Mk.IB "Pulverizer IV" Finished!

Grant_T

Throwing caution to the wind I'm going to try and build this. :) This has been sitting in the stash for a while now. I love the aircraft, but every time I take a look in the box my heart begins to race a bit. I'll build the kit scheme "Pulverizer IV" which has a couple of bombs slung beneath it. I'm likely to build this closed up, a. because I like a clean looking aircraft, and b. I have to finish this by June!

01.jpg

Edited by Grant_T

A bit of relaxing time at the bench this evening. The engineering on this kit is something else. It's very fun to put together. There are mold parting and ejector pin marks here and there, but nothing that will be too bad once this thing is closed up. The big thing is trying to work out how much I can glue together before start painting (and what I need to bother painting). :P

02.jpg

03.jpg

How do you like that Tamiya Quick Setting stuff ?

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Seems pretty good so far. Evaporates very quickly. The Airfix plastic is soft and I'm just wicking it into the assembled joints so I'm not asking to much of it. I'm also building a Hasegawa kit and it works pretty well on that plastic too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks all!

My wife is at work and I've finished my chores, so I'm now living the dream. :D Quite a lot of filling to do given all of the removable panels. I reckon I can finish this by the deadline. Bonus pic of my work bench. I have a whole hobby room to myself, but it still needs setting up properly. I really need some shelving for my 1/32 aircraft.

08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg