Mal Way FW190A8R2, Part: II, going for a Diorama.

Mal_Belford

Thanks Greg....

Yep thats what i sai to when i saw it, discount 50% paid about 17 Euros....

Got my buddy Ernst "Ernie" who also i active on this forum on a visit......He said HELL thats the one.......

/Mal

Guest Peterpools

Hi Mal

Sure looks like your feeling better and ready to dig into the dio. From my model railroading days, scenery was my favorite and the pallet of tools just endless. Looking forward to seeing you work your magic.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter.....

We will se how it goes, and no matter what it will be fun and ill learn something along the way

Allright here is the base, cheap, bouhgt it from Ikea, this one is estetical clean looking frame that i like, also it fits perfect in my glasscabinett...

Masking of that frame..we dont want to dammage it....

IMG_5712_zpsd77f5c48.jpg

Then a wash first...then that oldscool caepenters white glue, oh yes, we need something that will make that carpenters sandputty to stick niceley, yse it do stick real good, then let it dry to get that fine prepped surface....

IMG_5713_zps1259464f.jpg

done now dry.....

IMG_5714_zps8ec642bc.jpg

mean while im doing them planks, making them out of balsawood, eyeballed some photos to get the right dimension, then cut em, lots of them too is going to be needed.

IMG_5716_zpsa00c4869.jpg

IMG_5717_zps870ef9b5.jpg

IMG_5718_zps8503e4e9.jpg

Lined up that center with filt pen, the center of them planks, now on with that wall sandputty......

IMG_5719_zpsaa6804f6.jpg

IMG_5720_zpsc34aef6f.jpg

And now its still wet, them balsa planks is going to be pressed, so no need to glue, it will stick good....allright done, now a wet painters brush, wet with water to adjust that putty beetwen em planks...

IMG_5721_zps1247dbdb.jpg

Brushed.....Dont worry about them small cracks, it will be another phase on this cause we are going for that plaster later...

IMG_5723_zps269516bd.jpg

Now dry, and took a photo how its going to look like.....This will doo just fine for me.....My first Dio....

IMG_5728_zps128d2fa3.jpg

/Mal

Guest Peterpools

Mal

Looking real good at this point. Sometimes it best to distress the wood a bit for a nice, normal look of wear and tear. Easiest way is to add grain to the wood. Some boards run a fine toothed razor saw along the board and others, add grain with the back of a dull X-acto blade. best way to weather the boards: India Ink and alcohol; mix: 2 teaspoons of india ink (black such as Higgens to a pint of alcohol. Just brush it on with even strokes, let dry for a few minutes and then do some of the boards with a second coat. The boards will be gray/brown and start to look worn. Do NOT use Dullcoat on anything that has the alcohol as it will turn dusty, gray. This is a standard weathering technique used in model railroading for weathering wood. Most of the time, we used basswood rather then balsa, as it holds the grain and weathering a bit better.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks peter for them tips, and ill shure wear them planks down, yep they will be greyed too, goot that you said about that dull coat it wont be used........

These will come this week hopefully....ill take some bits here and there from theese ones.....

sws02-f08-verlinden-scramble-set-2.jpg

190650-96-b.jpg?nr=2639&company=verlinde

That 109 engine will be used for something else later lol....

VER2774.jpg

/Mal

Guest Peterpools

Mal

WOW

Looking froward to the figures and accessories being added to the dio

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Yeah....

Ill do practice runs on figures in the sparebox....

The tricky one is that flesh to get it right....

i bought AKs color kit with fleshtones to learn....

we will see.

every beginning has a first time....so we will se how it goes, yep fun to along the way, no matter what.....

oh yea ill share that to....

/Mal

Allright..

some progress....Plaster and some wheelmarks

051571b5-5138-4e84-8e13-74561a0d820c_zps

Indian ink and alkohol...big thanks for the tip Peter, this is fun....

e821a673-080b-4d91-b7e8-b1f7d5917843_zps

Then another tip from my buddy Ernst real flower soil and pva glue....what can be more real than real dirt....

802e98df-9f41-4f50-bf8f-54a979faed73_zps

Some coats of color for whats to come.....also started wit florys to shading and so on, many different washes were used, applied with airbrush....

IMG_5736_zps6abb7379.jpg

Now som more things, brushed on Pva glue diluted with water and the applied sand, grass, brushing, the more pva glue, more grass an ao it continued and between some Florywashes applied with AB, many different tones of it, and ao it continued....

and now it looks like this.....

IMG_5739_zpsc0a63d35.jpg

Now a paus and let the eyes rest for a while and look more on photos to get inspiration.

Episode Baseplate diorama is done.....My First Diorama...

Some more items bought, gravel for that bad road, grass, and so on...
IMG_5742_zps1a68782e.jpg

Added theese tings and more weathering between work...

IMG_5743_zps7e386e25.jpg

Allright im done with the baseplate diorama....more to come
IMG_5744_zps43612099.jpg

IMG_5745_zpse1aeab0c.jpg

IMG_5746_zps12ead3cc.jpg

This was very fun to do......this will do just fine for me ;) dont want to overdo anything, it works for me ;)

Next Chapter will begin soon, that staff vehicle.......

So stay tuned.

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Took a quickshoot with the FW190 on....

There will be minor adjustment in weathering on that dio, example oilgunk on them planks and so on, and some on them wheeltracks, but they will be fixed when that car is done, also hopefully ill get them Verlinden figures and other things for that dio later this week.....

IMG_57531_zps961646f4.jpg

Mal