Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

The kit sure builds into a nice models, small detail issues let apart. It's just an utter shame they left away the intake trunks. I hope an aftermarket company will solve this issue, otherwise FOD covers are the only option...

I am interested to know how much of an issue this is. Can you see much if you look into the intakes?

Well, you can see through the open fuselage side louvers when you look into the intakes.

Yep, tops of the main gear wells too, along with the entire blank interior of the fuselage. If all of this were to be painted black, that may help some, but does not really address the problem.

Yep, tops of the main gear wells too, along with the entire blank interior of the fuselage. If all of this were to be painted black, that may help some, but does not really address the problem.

OK, that does sound like and issue that needs to be addressed. I am looking forward to the AMS solution!

I wonder if AMS or even GT Resin would be a good fit for intake trunking?   Sure looks like that is what is stopping some.........including me from purchasing this kit quite yet. 

The complete absence of trunking, is absolutely mind boggling to me. While I very much like the kit, generally speaking, as I stated in my review, I'd be thoroughly annoyed to buy the kit and discover this omission, especially for $100.

dawngrocerystore still has them for £46.80 including postage from China.

I got distracted by the Kitty Hawk Voodoos (which do have intake trunking), but may bite if prices hold.

Tony

Dan Leduc loaned me some parts from one of his kits. I made a casting of both intakes and wheels. I am looking at trying FOD covers, wheels with grooves and maybe intakes with trunking, when I get back home, (my wife's dad is very ill).

I have a seat about 80% finished, but again, it will be in the near future if all goes well.

Dan Leduc loaned me some parts from one of his kits. I made a casting of both intakes and wheels. I am looking at trying FOD covers, wheels with grooves and maybe intakes with trunking, when I get back home, (my wife's dad is very ill).

I have a seat about 80% finished, but again, it will be in the near future if all goes well.

Nice!

If there were seemless intakes and trunking available for this kit I'd pick a set up along with this kit for sure.

As it sits, I'm going to pass on the kit until some become available.

Nice!

If there were seemless intakes and trunking available for this kit I'd pick a set up along with this kit for sure.

As it sits, I'm going to pass on the kit until some become available.

Yep, me too. While I'd be willing to tackle the kit right now, I'll certainly not do it with no trunking.