Not another ROG P-51D Mustang? Lets call her done!

1to1scale

Wow, terrific result!  I really like the end result and scheme you chose a lot.  The dull-coat and subdued weathering are really pleasing to the eye with the scheme.    RFI post?

I will do an RFI, but it wont be until next week, this is my wife's birthday weekend, no models for me. 

Just caught up: sensational work on this! I'm glad you shared all of the seam and filler battles for this kit, since the result looks flawless.

Cheers, Tom

Thanks, I didnt win all the battles, after filler and paint shrinkage, there are shadows of the seams along the spine again. Also, after paint, some more sink marks showed up, but its too late to correct.

This has to be the single worst kit I have ever done with respect to sink marks. They are everywhere! Here is a short list;  Landing gear doors, length of the trailing edge of the top and bottom wing, all around the fuselage, both sides along the full length of the flaps, bottom sides of the canopy (which is too small anyway), and on the horizontal tail. Most of these were so shallow, they are hard to see until primed, but some were missed until I got the paint on. 

Basically, its still a great kit, but its better in OD, rather than NMF. My next one will get all of the things I missed corrected, and it will not be NMF! I will probably build it as a olive drab or camo British Mustang. 

Edited by 1to1scale

Really nice result.

I have found that many Revell kits suffer from sinkage. It almost feels like their IM machines don't have the guts to do the moulds justice.

Gives me a push to get on with mine...

Matt

• 3 months later...

Lovely job. Interesting that you mention the Vallejo Matte varnish. I swear by it. Hardly use Vallejo paints at all now apart from on small details- I used to and still have quite a few of them, but Im a Mr Paint convert now and cant say enough good things about the stuff- However, I always use the Vallejo Matte at the end as its so easy to use and the finish is excellent..

I will have to try one of the Vallejo metal finishes- Im normally Alclad or AK Extreme Metals.