Tamiya's release schedule next 5 years (suggestion)

timvkampen

M E 2 6 2 . . . what else?

That would make sense since they have their 1/48 versions that they could just enlarge.

I would go for it if the review comes out cleaner then Trumpeter's.

I'd like to see a continuation of the Corsair. Specifically an F4U-4, and an F4U-4B in Korean War USN/USMC a/c. For modern aircraft, a new F-4B/N or J. series would be welcome. That said, the plane that I would be all over it, like a hobo on a sandwich, would be a P-38 G, H  or L

Well...  I have wishes...  They're all pretty mainstream and wouldn't make everyone happy...  but they would sell.  And I'm pretty sure that is what Tamiya is all about. 

S E L L I N G   M O D E L S

Not biting the bullet and surrendering market-share to some other company.   They ain't chumps after all.

I don't care if it was done by Revell and Hasegawa...  there's a reason there is a ton of AM for the 1/32 Bf109G's.

Gaz

I can hear it now, along with the sound of heads exploding of some on here: "Not another 109 kit.  Its been done to death".

Personally, I would love a state of the art 109G-6, but that's just me.

If they do anything Germerman it will 'have' to be the

109G-6 they just released in 1/48 with all the magnets and stuff.

1oRtDNE.jpg

This seems so tedious. During 5 years Tamiya is I am sure capable of delivering a:

P-51B/C **

Val

Judy

Kate

** The kit designers have already studied and know how to make a P-51D. So dust off the CAD files and go!

P.S. I hope this is the last thread about this for a while or until the next Japanese Model show.

Your friend Rick

Wow, all these dreams of Tamiya releasing WW2 subjects that have been already been covered to death is leaving me tired and in good need of a sleep.

C'mon guys, do we really need more 109's, Corsairs and P-40's!

Eric

No kidding! Tamiya's potential future release schedule looks like this to me:

1) Nothing interesting

2) Nothing interesting

3) Nothing interesting

4) Nothing interesting

5) Nothing interesting

I swear that I have 600+ kits in my stash, and maybe five of them are Tamiya. They either don't release anything that I'm interested in, or they release something that I've already got a ton of kits of from other manufacturers, like the F-16. They're really not even a player in my book. Of course this will vary depending on ones personal interests  :coolio:  Fred K.

Realistically, I'd like Tamiya to do more 1/48 jets.

They should continue along Tomcat avenue and do the best ever A-7E series, then do "Century Series in Japan", starting with a Polka Dots RF-101C Voodoo and then progressing to the Deuce and Thud.

I can't really afford 1/32 any more, unless it says Draken, Su-15 Flagon, Su-7 Fitter, Convair Delta Dart, Beaufighter, new tool EE Lightning or Spey Phantom on the box.

Which means, if I live long enough, I'll be buying about three more 1/32 kits.

Tony

Guest Peterpools

Tony

Well said. I'm thoroughly enjoying Tamiya's 1/48 F14 and would love to see them keep the jet releases coming in affordable and space saving kits. Wouldn't it be grand to see their touch on the Century Seties aircraft and the Gloss Dark Navy Blue Jets of the 1950's as well.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Maxim

I love to see some century series in 32 scale. The RF-101C and the F-106 would be excellent, and a F2H-2 Banshee in 32 scale.

I can't really afford 1/32 any more, unless it says Draken, Su-15 Flagon, Su-7 Fitter, Convair Delta Dart, Beaufighter, new tool EE Lightning or Spey Phantom on the box.

Which means, if I live long enough, I'll be buying about three more 1/32 kits.

Tony

This is a problem for me as well. While 1:32 was, is and probably always be my first choice (for aircraft), space and affordability have changed things somewhat in this particular area of my life.