Wingnut Wings Fokker E.II

karimb

Karim,

Excellent build as usual.

The oil staining, that was done with oil paints? Great results.

Thanks for sharing!

Aircare thanks for leaving a word.

Yes the staining and weathering was all done with oil paints. initially i did some prestaining with the airbrush then all the rest was done with oils!

Karim

Karim,

Another stunner in quick time!  Besides the crisp detail, I really like that you could make it dirty without it looking contrived.

Very nice!

Gaz 

Gaz buddy!

Thanks for the kind comments... The build was super smooth. The challenge was trying to make the weathering not look overly done or 'fake'...was quite the challenge in knowing when to stop. I actually walked away from the kit a couple of times and came back later just to make sure i didnt overdo it!!!

Another absolute belter Karim!

I love the life you give to the all the different finishes. That coupled with such a finessed, flawless build is simply delightful. Wow...!

Torben

Torben,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a word and such kind comments!!

I'm still amazed how good the painted pattern looks on the cowling. I wouldn't have thought about using for this effect buffable metalizer . Brilliant!

Love the weathering!

Superb build!

Tomek

Thanks for the kind words!

I tried metallic pigments then acrylic silver, i didnt like it. stripped it off. I then tried acrylic silver with the squiggles done with an HB pencil, didnt like the results either so i restripped it. Finished off by trying silver and the squiggles in chrome silver buffable and it turned out nice... just needed patience and some trying to get it done...

Thanks for leaving a word!