77 replies to this topic

#76 TBC

TBC

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:49 PM

Passengers don't listen to the safety announcements - ever.  That's why in almost every single crash where there's an emergency evacuation, you see people a) filming the evacuation with their phone, b.) passengers trying to grab everything they brought onboard with them before evacuating, c.) not listening to cabin crew telling them to remove their shoes before jumping onto the emergency slides.

All I can say is, if there's an evacuation order on any flight I'm on, and you're between me and an exit and you're trying to collect your carry on baggage to take with you, plan on being run over.

There's obviously a contingent out there who think their stuff is worth an unspeakable suffering in a burn unit.

#77 vince14

vince14

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:21 PM

It's the fault of the aviation industry - just don't allow passengers to bring large amounts of hand luggage onto an aircraft in the first place. I'd actually remove the overhead lockers from aircraft and insist that anything brought into the cabin has to go under the seat in front of you. Problem solved! No-one wants to have cramped legs for the duration of a flight.

#78 Jennings Heilig

Jennings Heilig

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,503 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:11 PM

If they wouldn't feel the need to charge for every bag checked, it would be a different story.  When I flew to NZ on Hawaiian earlier this year, there was all kinds of room in the overhead bins going both directions.  They give you two free checked bags.

"It's all part of the show..."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users